Posts by TonyGring

I still have my PS170 but just bought Powered Kabinet to simplify things.

I would leave the PS flat and adjust slightly depending on room.

I didn't change profile EQ or output EQ on Kemper

Sounds like it all worked out!

Just a question - you're talking about the volume of the Power Kab and the volume of the Power Amp. In my understanding of your rig the power amp in the Kemper isn't in use, just the powered Kab. You're plugging the Kab into the Monitor output, correct?

?

Volume of Power Amp control on page 8 Output section when Kemper Kone soft button highlighted. Using it to make Kab Louder.

I have an Unpowered Kemper head.

Yes, going out of Monitor output on the back using instrument cable into the Kab.

Awesome! Please get back to us with a full report after your gig.

First chance to respond.

So yes, played Wednesday. outdoor park in a open gazebo.

We do classic rock / blues. Hard hitting drummer

Kemper into Power Kabinet and also DI to FOH mixer.

Other guitar surprised me and did not bring Fuchs 50. Brought a Komet 19 and 1 X 12 cab.

So my main concern was put to rest - Adequate stage vol from Kabinet.

I had Power Amp setting at 80%

Monitor Output Vol at 70%

Kabinet Vol at about 1-2 o'clock

It was more than loud enough onstage.

Even had he brought Fuchs 50 I could have been fine w/ Kabinet.

I think I do need to re-think using 3 different profiles with the simple stuff we do.

This is only second gig using Kemper w/ my old band which we've not played together in 10 years.

I have only been playing in church , originally w/ pedalboard in to AC20.

When we had the band it was pedalboard into AC20 w/ 1 X 12 Blue or,

if outdoors it was pedalboard into AC30 - No worries about enough volume.

I sold AC30 to fund Kemper and it's worked fantastic at church up until covid hit and we could no longer do it indoors.

I'm hoping to get the Kemper set up more simply for the simple stuff we do.

Likely just one profile w/ cleans , grit and crunch/solo stuff.

I may even try my pedalboard into Alt input of Kemper and out to Kabinet.

But , I will say for anyone wondering if the Kabinet is loud enough as an onstage guitar cab, in my experience it absolutely is !

The original point of the Kabinet is for monitoring... just for you.

You send the profile of your choice to FOH, and the Kemper Monitor to the Kabinet.

If you love the cabinet in what you sent to FOH, then pick that imprint to send to the Kabinet via Monitor out.

Now you get the stage AITR you were missing before.

Feel good, sound good... win win.

I just got the Powered Kabinet and have an outdoor gig today. Short on time but made sure all was working w/ Kemper toaster and Powered Kabinet.

I also tried the Power Amp setting on page 8 of Output Menu. Should be loud enough I think.

I've not tried any imprints ( not exactly sure how ) and will just try Monitor Cab On/Off at sound check to see what sounds better to me onstage through the Kabinet.

So , the cab that is in the profile will be what I hear through the Kabinet, correct ?

Of course will send Kemper Main Out to FOH and crowd will hear cab used in profile.

This will be a good test at least volume wise.

Last gig I used a SD170 into 1 X 12 w a Blue and was worried about blowing the Blue trying to match stage vol w other guitar using Fuchs 50 Watt.

Okay --

Kemper Kone page 8 output settings

Four boxes under each soft button ( all unchecked )

Kemper Kone - Monitor Stereo- Monitor Cab Off- Bass Boost

When I press soft button above Kemper Kone the box is checked, soft button lights up but I see no other changes or Power Amp Boost to select.

Soft button 2 still shows Monitor Stereo

I just ordered a Kemper Powered Kabinet yesterday.

Hoping it will be loud enough to gig .

Saw the advice to enable " Power Amp Boost " in output settings.

I just updated to latest software.

Where does the " Power Amp Boost " reside in the output settings ?

Last of the 8 pages of output settings has Kemper Kone - I see a " Bass Boost" box to enable but no Power Amp Boost.

Does the Powered Kabinet need to be connected to profiler for it to appear ?

Looking forward to the new Powered Kabinet and want to make sure I'm doing things right.

Will likely have other questions....

Thanks for your help !

Just bought the superego+ and a freqout, there's a lot to wrap my head around. That Bill Ruppert has a lot to answer for!

Cool ! So, I use SuperEgo as a pad engine as my playing at church requires it. Many times we don't have keys so the SE helps me achieve ambient pads. I run a Zoom MS70-CDR in the FX loop of the SuperEgo. Makes a huge difference in making lush pads.

I had this going prior to my Kemper on my old pedal board. Now I just use the Remote with SE/Zoom as the only other external pedals in Kemper loop.

Works great !

Got the beta firmware today with the new spring verb. It sounds killer ! But, now I have a problem. My effect loop in X block is not working. With cables plugged in or not I'm getting " Effect Loop not possible ! Aux input is used. " Anyone encountered this ? What to do ?

Just a quick hello for now but I'm really stoked with Kemper and remote I got last week. Have had just a bit of time with it but it looks / feels solid and sounds great ( on the rigs that I browsed ).

These days I just play at church w/ my amp isolated backstage. So I'm looking to have the KPA takes it's place and the remote take the place of my pedal board as I learn them both.

Busy w/ Easter rehearsals all this week so next week, Ima be divin in !