Posts by Locrain

I have one set of P90s, Bare Knuckle Supermassives in a baritone. They are my favorite pickups now, I don't really play any of my other guitars. Maybe it's due to the lower tunings, or just personal preference, but I like profiles towards the brighter end of the spectrum. That said, I have zero issues finding more than enough profiles that I love. I don't think I've ever bought a pack and thought "this sounds great through a humbucker, but there's nothing I really like through the soapbars", it's never been an issue. I play mostly high-gain, but use lower gain and cleaner profiles quite a bit too.

My only other experience is with a PRS McCarty Soapbar. I hated those pickups. But that was 10+ years ago, I was using super distortions/etc, so I think my idea of "good tone" was probably a lot different than they are now. I do love those Supermassives. If I had it do do over again, I might get the Stockholms, since they are a bit hotter, and sometimes I find these to be a little weak when grabbing a pinch harmonic, but that's a small quibble.

After reading this thread, I tried this guitar with the Morgan AC20 profile mentioned. It sounded phenomenal, really fantastic.

I am switching from soundcloud, the artifacts in the high-end are pretty ridiculous compared to a couple others that I have tried (hearthis, Orfium) but their players do not embed here. They give the same embed link format as soundcloud or youtube, but it doesn't work.

Anyone know if this is a compatibility issue, or an administrative one?

You sure it was confirmed?..any timelines?

I got feedback from support that the differnce between cabsim off and cabsim on....on the monitor output while cabs disabled on that port..was a result of how the kpa was designed.

Although the issue that cabsim off sounds different just by loading an ir and keeping it off is not exactly the same..does seem in the same ballpark.

This the bug that has been confirmed by Kemper support: Bug in the Kemper cab / stack section

1964 Gretsch Chet Atkins Signature model. All original and has been plaaaaaayed.

Not actually mine, unfortunately, I'm selling it for a buddy. Really nice sounding/playing guitar, the pickups are very cool.

Truest post I've ever seen on the forum! :D

As a guy who doesn't use stomps for the same reason I got the kpa (...ease of use, really), I am looking forward to the OD update.

...never understood why you buy a £2000 amp and put a £100 pedal in front...BUT that's just me, plenty of people who would disagree.

I do get what you're saying, but to me, you could have said the same thing about valve amps and pedals, a TS is a staple for a reason. Seems to me the same as saying that you don't understand how someone would buy a $2k guitar, string it with a $10 set of strings, use a $.50 pick, and send the whole thing through a $25 cable. That's just what things cost.

I don't own any pedals, so I'm with you in practice, it's just a very strange argument to me. I mean, what about a £125, £250, or a £500 pedal?

The Kemper does take pedals well I believe...

But I don;t undersatnd why you need them. So much gain and control in the KPA so I do not believe you need them.

Dial in a Mesa or ENGL profile and you've got gain coming out of your ears...hence I don't use the green scream either. You can also get profiles including a tube screamer...I was never a fan of the original tube screamer so I'm perhaps not the best person to respond :)

Haha, that might have something to do with it.

It's not more gain (in the case of the tubescreamer), it's more the tightness and attack that the TS gets you.

Yeah, there are profiles with a TS, but in that case, your signal chain has already been put through that cheap pedal... and you just can't turn it on or off. No better, to me.

I really hope the OD update makes the Green Scream actually works/sounds like a Tubescreamer, that would be amazing.

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD280 Pros and a pair of their HD650s, I really really hate playing through either of them. No comparison to playing through my KRK monitors. They are great headphones, I enjoy music through them, but absolutely hate playing guitar through them. Weak/flubby/none of the "mojo" I get through my KRKs.

That would be beyond silly since the topic is not about 3 party rigs. Mentioning something in passing to enhance your story is not focusing specifically to warrant that. A company would have to be really spooked or worried about something to be that micromanaged.

I agree, it's silly, but Nicky was just informing him of policy. I've seen many threads moved for much less specific 3rd party discussion. This one would almost certainly have been moved in short order had Chris not edited it...unless they spontaneously decided to lighten up...hahaha, I crack myself up sometimes. :D

Kind ofdumb imo, but it is what it is, there's no "would be" hypothetical about it. :)

Try this. Tap the lit EFFECTS button once. It will become dim and all effects will be off. Hold the EFFECTS button down for a moment, it will switch to a screen with the message "all effects are off". Hit the LOCK button. Done. You can now scroll through Rigs and Effects will stay off. You can do the same with the STOMPS section.