Posts by bigfoamfinger

You are unfortunately not alone in experiencing these kinds of annoying glotches in Rig Manager. I have had many many such issues recently including slots within performances being mixed up and unable to be be changed back into the right order no matter what I do.

Basically the current RM is pretty rubbish and full of bugs. Fortunately, Kemper have a wonderful new Rig Manager/Editor in internal testing and due for release this summer. As we are now in Summer time I for one am hoping to see it very soon ?

It looks like it is going to be AMAZING ?

Glad to hear I am not alone, and definitely looking forward to a new (stable) editor! It seems every other time I plug my KPA into my RM I get the USB error

Here's the issue (software on Rig Manager and KPA are both up to date):

When using Rig Manager on my Mac, in Performance Mode, there is sometimes a weird glitch when I paste a rig into a performance slot. It's basically a delay in loading/populating the rig into that slot.

Example: Let's say I paste a Mesa Rectifier into slot 3. The KPA will default back to slot 1 and I won't hear the newly pasted Mesa. Instead I will hear whatever was in slot 1. Clicking any of the other slots from Rig Manager will not change the slot. It stays on 1. The fix is that I then have to click a separate Performance, then click back to the intended Performance and the slots will all be there and work as intended. This happens probably 50% of the time when tweaking slots. It's very annoying.

If I am in Browse mode and I double click a rig it will select it with no issue. This only happens in Performance mode

I did once receive an error on my Rig Manager stating there was a USB connectivity error between Rig Manager and the KPA. I use this same USB cable with my Axe FX III and have no issues, so I can eliminate the cable as a factor.

The Kemper is brand new. Do you suggest I exchange it with Sweetwater?

Sold my KPA head recently and it was a mistake....I want it back, so I'm grabbing another! This time I may end up getting the rack instead. My primary intention is to use this for recording, but may end up using it live as well. The issue I have with the rack is the form factor. With the head, I used to place it on top of my Gator road case.

For those who gig with the rack, where do you place it on stage?

I got the un-powered head and have no regrets. No need to take a 50lb guitar cab IMO, and after all I bought the KPA for it's portability.

I use a Yamaha DXR10 or go straight into the PA and it sounds incredible.

For the record, I have always been a tube guy. I have a few Matchless amps that I love, but lugging them plus a 2x12 cab was getting really old. I finally gave in to the temptation and grabbed a Kemper (non-powered) a couple weeks ago. I was blown away when I first plugged in. The tones were amazing, both through headphones and the DXR10. Sure, it takes some searching to find the right profiles, but I quickly found 15 or so that I really love (all free). I also grabbed a used FCB1010 MIDI foot controller and installed the Uno4Kemper chip which works great.

Over the last week I have been programming our set list, using different amp and effects combos, that I would then control with the FCB1010. I quickly pieced the set together, which was very easy to do. I decided--what the hell, might as well try it at the outdoor show this weekend! Being the singer too, it's much easier switching to a preset with effects programmed in for a part of a song, as opposed to tap dancing pedals non-stop.

It sounded SO good...So good! I went straight into the PA. They had nice monitors so I didnt end up using my DXR10. I definitely recommend creating settings at gig volume though. I wasn't able to do this so I kind of guessed, based on headphone volume. Some of the amps had different volume levels and were "hotter" than I first thought, but overall not bad at all for throwing this together so fast.

I can pretty much safely say I have no plans to ever take a tube amp to a show again. This thing sounds that good, and involves hauling about 70 lbs less in gear. I get it now. I'm sold!

New Kemper owner here!! I love this thing, and can't believe I waited this long!

Anyway---I have one of these that I use to store my UA Ox and I love it. So when I recently grabbed my Kemper, I checked to see it if would fit. It did, so I grabbed another from Sweetwater on their finance promo.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sto…-amp-ata-tour-case-medium

As you can see from the pics below, it fits perfectly. I added a sheet of foam on the bottom to rest the Kemper on (not included), then another piece on top (included with the case) so I can keep the cable in there as well. The foam blocks you see are included with the case as well, and they velcro to the sides. This is a great option at a great price. It's cheaper than a Pelican too