Posts by FarleyUK

Hi all,

I noticed at my gig on Friday night that the input light on my toaster keeps lighting up red... there was no obvious clipping, but I was just curious what the options are to ensure the front-end doesn't get overloaded?

thank you for all the replies, it seems that ever the room is more of a feeling than a sound.. I'm glad someone mentioned to the Head Rush 112 cuz I was thinking about purchasing one of them. And again the Kemper at the music store sounded absolutely amazing with the powered speakers they were running it through. Did the hair on my arms and neck stand up LOL

Check out my thread in 'Other Gear' - I just purchased two Headrush 112s, and used them for the first time last week at a gig.... VERY impressive.

I've been having the DSP Error crash about once per session with the latest beta. It happened at a jam yesterday, but I had warned the guys that I was running a beta OS.

I was running 1 of the new reverbs in the Reverb slot plus a compressor and a delay.

I've been getting the error constantly. Ended up reverting back to the stable 5.5.2 release, as cannot have that happen during a gig.

2 errors here:

1. When using the looper, if I change to a new reverb type while the looper is running, I get a constant buzz and the Kemper hangs and crashes

EDIT - Seems to happen regardless of selecting a reverb; even if the looper is running and I change patch, it will often crash.

2. If selecting a new performance in RM, the dials change on the Kemper, but the name of the performance and patch doesn't

Hi all,

Is anyone using the Stereo Widener block when you're running in stereo...? If so, what settings are you using?

Just curious to find a way to thicken up my guitar sound live, as I'm the only guitarist in my bands.

Oops, sorry chaps - have now removed the profile! That's the danger of having loads of free and commercial profiles on Rig manager when you don't organise them accordingly.... Very sorry about that.

I'm not sure how to upload just the FX, but I'll take a look when I can.

Will send a link to the pack from TAF, but any AC30 profile should do.

Hi all,

Looking for recommendations of great pickups to go into a 2017 Les Paul Traditional (non chambered or weight relieved).

I have some Slash signatures in there at the moment, and compared to the JB and jazz in my 2008 (chambered) Les Paul, it sounds very muddy and bassy.

The Slash pups sounded great in the 2008 Les Paul, but I swapped them for the JB / Jazz combo, as that can be coil split. Also, the 2008 is my main gigging guitar.

So - anyone have pickup suggestions for a very solid and thick Les Paul, for playing classic and modern rock (guns n roses, slash, Steve Stevens, Whitesnake, Massive Wagons etc.) that are along the lines of the Slash pups, but can be coil split and sound superb in a bassier / heavier and more solid guitar...?

Cheers!

So, er...... I've just realised in the vid above, I'm actually using my old AX8!!!

However, the sounds are a lot better with the Kemper - the patches should be in that Dropbox link above.

D'oh!

I just picked up one of these after getting rid of my DXR10's a couple of months ago. Originally, I was using the DXR10's as a stereo backline but then moved to just going through the PA.

However, there was always something 'missing' with my sound. It sounded very coloured and I couldn't EQ it properly.... so, I thought I'd try one of these for £250.

And I have to say - wow. For the price, this thing is SERIOUSLY impressive! In fact, so much so, I have ordered a second one to go back to a stereo backline. They really seem to help keep the nuances of the profiles, and what you hear doesn't seem coloured at all. Very impressed!