Posts by StefanErtle

I owned so many things and one of this guys was a Sansamp PSA. Also analog circuit but with that had less flexibility (not a single parameter could be controlled in real time) … the closest tool to the Amp-X seems the Hughes and Kettner Black Spirit Floor Board with some minor/ major additional features. Not so much of a breakthrough in Amps … but it’s simplicity might attract some of us G.A.S.-Nerds … and as far as I am concerned only the preamp section could be BluePrinted?! Right or wrong? So then again rather PSA1…

Are you referring to pedals in front of a clean/crunch-profile? There it works ok for me. With saturated profiles not so much of a difference. Due to the KPA being a digital unit the point of getting digital clipping is closer with such option.

But u are right, an integration did not happen since 2020… would be interesting to get to know the priorities of Kemper as e.g. drives/fuzzes got so much attention and I have to admit - although this is the topic of the thread - I was not keen on that options. I would rather go for better mod-/tremolo effects.

Considering your post I remember a boost pedal in front of an Mark DV40 and it was terrifying how good it sounded. Surely louder but also richer in tone and feel and an amazing gain structure. Therefore if this is the issue you point at I would surely love it. But so far I understood that Kemper is not really able to add such complex tonal addition to an existing profile.

Mir fällt es am ehesten beim Gain-Button auf. Den Wert kann man seit ein paar Versionen gar nicht mehr gut einstellen, da der Wert ja quasi über ein Pop-Up dargestellt wird. Da finde ich alles andere wieselflink dagegen.
    Will man den User damit zu Rig Manager drängen?!
    Ich fand den Kemper immer so klasse gerade weil man alles ohne RM machen kann. Aber am RM läuft alles recht smooth. Woran das liegt und ob es „nur“ an der Leistung des UI liegt erschließt sich mir nicht. Vll sollte man dann Weiterentwicklungen doch stoppen. Ich erinnere noch, wie mein iPhone 4 nach einem Update zu viel dann quasi verschrottet werden durfte, weil man nicht mal mehr adäquat surfen konnte … so if the sky is the limit and we already reached so far …

OK mine is layout E then but either way my rigs are pretty standard but the FX change from rig to rig so I want to see what is actually loaded up in the Stomp and FX blocks.

Can't wait to hear what someone else wants as Layout F/G/H/I/J/K......... :D

Same for me. Just scrolled through the Layouts and astonishingly only one Layout (B) contains FX in performance mode … that and the assigned button number should be bigger … and instead of roman numbers I would like to see a simple decimal figure. Thx to the Kemper team for a implementation.

Same for me. Morph 1 could be attached to the corresponding switch that controls the patches (second press is morphing) and the TAP-Button switches Morph 2. Would be my pleasure.

I do not mind if Morph 1 can only control states that cannot be controlled with or overruled by a morph 2 feature.

I coukd be totally wrong, but I think the issue would be drivers for the dongle. If I'm right I doubt kemper have any means to put the right driver on the kemper so it wouldn't know what to do with the device.

Then there are different drivers for different dongles etc.

Best would be if Kemper could sell such USB dongle. Basic ones for PCs on the big A-Vendor-Website are sooo cheap. So why not sell it to legacy users. As it is only mentioned to work with the Rig Manager should not be a big deal for their IT experts. Would be a great feature…

A combination with global effect buttons could be interesting. I would like to globally assign effects to a certain button (delay, pitch, phaser, tremolo). If additional fx are in a rig they shall be ignored then. And with a second tag one could decide if the fx remain on globally or just switch effects on a rig level. That could be switched via tuner or looper button.

I hope that there will be added value to the folks still hanging on their rack units. Stage has wifi, head has not. Why not add value in regard of a second level-EQ for monitoring output only. A kind of quick access or better a split of Amp-EQ that FOH won‘t be affected by that. Just a thought. No function is a no go … hey ho let‘s go …

Point three might even be the most important one. Because one of the comments i hear often is how the sound is more produced, making the bands live sound better. Just like keyboards (mostly) always sounds produced. The important factor here being that the blend just gets so much better. It puts the guitar in the same “ballpark” as the keys.

Interesting as I needed a year to find an appropriate sound for gigging. And for that I need a whole bunch of midrange boost to cut through the band although I own a frfr cab with 400 Watts. Maybe it is different once all is mixed via PA but at least in our rehearsal room I still have to go at least for 75% of power. With my Custom Kone-Kabinet I need 100% plus Kone-Boost. With one of the typical „produced sounds“ (JTM, Keith, Deadlight, …) I could barely hear myself or get ringing ears due to the unbelievable highs.
    In the end might be the nature of Rock/Metal tones (although we play on Standard Tuning).

Eventually I prefer my BlueAmp Spark FRFR over my Kone due to being closer to an expected PA sound and therefore closer to the crowd. Which is the key point you stated. It should feel well though better get the peoples ears crazy. „Can you feel it, see it, hear it today? …“

There is always something to improve but surely nothing major. The main issue is how many resources does Kemper have. I got the feeling that since the Rig manager started and also the iOS world arose the complexity for Kemper became quite huge and this still has an impact on release times of new software features. Anyway pretty sure they will add value to the product but maybe it takes longer in the future. And I expect them to improve modulation and the triggers for those fx (pitch-based effects, dynamic based effects, more tonal impact on flanger and tremolo).
    But looks like I am still a kid that cannot wait any longer.