Posts by StefanErtle

I think it is time for different things than distortion, fuzz … upgrade of EQing and Modulation Effects (Trem Upgrade, Flanger, …) and second morph stage…

I assume mine can go on the ok list as well because it works ...

Leds are brighter and no longer drop out and starting up with red blinking led on the remote ... pushing second time starts up ok

Raf

Well how long did you test it? I only checked it for half an hour. LEDs are definitely brighter. I use the original cable with it. I give it a try as well and will report after a bunch of hours.

Is there a specific power that shouldn’t be exceeded? The Cudy has 30W Max. and 50VDC plus some security features. The PoE you advised to buy provides a max of 64Wmax for all ports together and a max of 30Wmax for a max of two ports. I understood 30W only for PoE+ and half of this for PoE.

So from my non-expert view it looks like the same.
    Is there a dedicated question we should ask the manufacturer? If so I would do that.

Layout on KPA Display

I wish additionally that in Performance Mode the Display of the Kemper would show the effects being applied to the rig. I always have to press the button of the effect blocks to see what is in the modules.

Layout on Remote

Furthermore the effect symbols are very small in performance mode. In Browse mode Layout A or B (I am getting old) shows only the name of the rig and has big space for the effect symbols. But if u choose the letters to be big in Browse mode u do not see any effect symbols in Performance Mode. I do not get that… there should be a layout for each mode with only small text of the Rig name and big symbols for effects. I oftentimes cannot read it properly when playing.

Anyone else with the same issues here?

Should be easy to change.

This one :

Cudy POE200 30W Gigabit PoE+

Raf

This one is great. Fits perfect in my wooden rack. Have to test it on rehearsal on Sunday. If I switch the Kemper off only the TAP led is lit.

Best is I use a powercon cable from my active cab that has two plugs (one for the Kemper and one for the PoE). Neat and tidy.

This one :

Cudy POE200 30W Gigabit PoE+

Raf

Maybe it is a generation thing. When I was young we often lit fires in the woods and we used a lighter on concerts. Our kids - or rather the kids if my kids - might be never experiencing anything but the leds of smartphones in concerts. Same but different.

So going the tube alley is a feeling we are used to due to our experiences in certain ages and the given possibilities.

Saying that, if you are growing with technology you might go for the comfort and ease provided and that is not tubes. Current technology provides us all the sounds in one box. And if it is made right we are no longer able to distinguish but in the look of the gear.

For me it still took a while getting used to a mic‘ed guitar amp but after „overcoming“ that I was really impressed by the KPAs abilities. Still happy since three years.

Can you please specify what model u did buy? Thank you.

oh cool man.
    :) so 1 Kone seems to be enough eh? Interesting that it performs better for you in the distorted territory, that works for me.

Well I need full throttle at the cab (roughly 250 Watt) and the KPA with - 5 to -8 on Output. Not much headroom for sure but it works for me at least in rehearsal (practice room).

Not sure what is the standard for certain venues these days but I never play(ed) without a PA-System live so the cabs are just for my pleasure and for feedback. Therefore Main out to foh and imprints to my Kone.

so are you saying you have 1 kone in each of those cabs?

The cab on the bottom is a Spark (2x10 + 2 tweeter). The one on the top has one Kone inside and is all I need (active cab). The Spark is great for cleans but for distortion I prefer imprints.

Both together sound alone great as well but not in the context of band sound. Maybe one day I return to the Spark but currently the Kone provides more dirt and is not as tidy as the Spark.

Stefan, the Noise Gate on the input should kill noise before it hits the amp section so once set shouldn’t really need to be changed on a rig by rig basis like an analog gate would. However, it is still possible to set the input noise gate per rig if the Input Menu isn’t locked.

Ahh, then I made a mistake. So maybe this feature then would be better within the stomps... I always use the same amount of noise gate in the input section and never use stomps. So was just trying to help.

Maybe there should be a parameter in the amp section that kinda increase or decrease the setting of the input noise gate.

So eg. a value of „1,5“ means that if input noise gate is set to 2 it will be 3.5 for that certain rig. If it is „-2“ the noise gate will be off. Not sure though if the Kemper can handle this rigwise...

Maybe some people would be happy if one could still add „analog noise“ with negative values ?

I use one Kone for Metal only and I get quite realistic feedback and ways of low end. And our drummer is the loudest I ever had. My power section has 250 Watt. Although I have to turn the volume up all the way the real magic of cutting through is just setting up the frequencies properly.
    The main reason of not being heard in my band is the bass player using to much high mids and the guitar having too much bass. Then loudness could not overcome that.
    I remember having a H&K 100 Watt Tube Amp and although turning it as loud as it could get I could not hear myself even with a 4x12. In that time I did fancy scooped sounds.

In my mind Metal has also to do with sufficient mids and not too much gain. It took me more than 15 years to realize that. At least in a live environment. Recording is truly different due being able to shift frequencies.

So to sum it up: One Kone to master it all when caring about proper setup. And think about putting the cab on a Plattform. I use my FRFR just for that scenario. Both together have 800 Watt but I have more mud when using both cabinets together and cannot be Properly heard that good. Weird but true.

Yes u r right. It does not necessarily being attached to amp gain. I would like such function having a „preselection“ option for performances. With this preselection one could decide what state should be activated for all slots when attached to morphing (base, morph 1, morph 2). I would like to use also the effect buttons for that. But not as fixed option. Should be at users choice.

I think it is rather time to improve the tremolo effect (slicer, stutter). And further on some pitch based effects would be great. I imagine pitch effects only being activated at notes above for example e2 and the possibility to adjust the progression of my expression pedal. Just minor changes that would make me happy.

A second morph level just for amp gain would be a great improvement but surely not something being constructed easily.

I wish this powered cab would have included the possibility to drive additional passive Kemper Cab with the same integrated amp. It's not that there would have been any indications for this option, but I was just hoping for that. :D

I don't really know what to do, should I get rid of the passive cab + SD Powerstage 170 and buy this active cab instead? Or keep this current setup and buy active cab to have stereo setup? Anyway, I'm not a fan of this passive cab + external amp so I guess I have to think about that again.. :/

well that’s why I was convincing a cabinet builder to provide me a custom 1x12 cab with built in power, powercon and volume pot. It wasn’t so much more expensive than the powered Kabinet. And it looks like my old Marshall cabs (although way smaller than the 4x12). Maybe there are some businesses around your town?!