Posts by jon9max

I was playing today and noticed the sound seemed off. I checked the output settings and they were not correct. I thought maybe I had the wrong preset. But then I saw that ALL of my presets were gone. This is kind of a big deal. Has this happened to anyone else on this update? I did find my main one in the presets in rig manager because I had saved it there. But the rest of my customized outputs are gone. Also, just got the crash screen (when I was adjusting something in a profile) asking to send picture in. Anyone having issues?

How about the low and high pass filters on the s/pdif? I have specific output settings for this so I want them to be the same as the main outputs, unless I don't, which then could easily be set to zero. Otherwise I would have to make another profile or use an eq plugin. Then it wouldn't be the same, just an approximation. I would like the option to have no change in sound and level (and be able to control it) between my main outputs, and S/PDIF. (other than not having the conversion) The output section in general is pretty bad. I go back and forth from home practice/recording/rehearsal/gig , as a lot of us do. Separate output settings in their Entirety should be able to be saved, so we can just hit one button and not have to change levels or wonder why something isn't right.

I always use morphing to boost for solos. You can change a number of parameters that way. To make them really stand out.. Volume with either the amplifier volume or rig volume. Definitely change the EQ. Boost those mids. Also, you most likely need more volume than you think you need for a solo boost. Especially live, unless you have a dedicated FOH person that knows all the cues. If they boost you at all, it’ll be halfway through the solo.

You seem to be the only one I've come across that thinks it sounds bad. It is sold out everywhere and the consensus is it is a game changer.

The consensus from whom? All of the paid-for youtube reviews that say "It's a gamechanger" at the same time? Everyone I've seen is so over-processed with tons of gain. One guy talks of how it's sooo inexpensive compared to Kemper and procedes to put it through his $3000 pedal board and probably $2000 amp. Come on man. What major artists have them out on the road? Where are the videos of people using "the gamechanger" live sounding like a specific amp? Hey, I'm ALWAYS wanting more and better but this is way less right now.

When people talk about, It "sounds" awful." or it "sounds" great could you please also relate to what sound you are going for? Dropped tuning death metal with NO dynamics, and massive noise gate differs greatly from a '65 Fender Deluxe reverb or a Vox ac 30. But we don't know if you’re just spitting out. "It's great, "it sux." If a ToneX pedal is your gigging Rig. You're not doing what I'm doing. Let's have some context. Also, I use Kemper because it feels and responds like my tube amps. No one EVER talks about how these things feel, and if they inspire you. I'm beginning to think a lot of people really don't know what tube amps feel like, or what they sound like, mic'd up, especially out FOH Loud in a mix. Which is fine. If it sounds good to you it is good. But that means different things to different people. Again, if it's metal, you’re not looking for touch sensitivity. It's funny how ALL of the "youtube" guys all have a review that coincides with the release of the pedal and they all pretty much, Love it. it's really suspect. Hey, it might be great. But I don't think it serves the same market.

Thanks brother...maybe i will revisit a kemper someday but for now i think its for the best i just walk on.

Rock on dude! \m/

I think before spending all that money, and time you could’ve asked somebody on the forum here to maybe do a zoom type call with you and maybe they could have seen what your issue was. Because this is definitely either an issue with your , not thee Kemper, the hardware you’re plugging it into or an issue with your understanding of it. Before I even purchased the Kemper, I went through every video tutorial. After I got it, it still took a few weeks for me to understand it. I have a room full of tube amps and vintage tube amps. The kemper nails the sound of a mic’d up amp, and the Kemper Kone sounds great too. FOH engineers love them, and if you have to play with IEM’s nothing beats it.

Yes, same with my Apollo. :(

Yes, Let an Output Preset store all of the parameters of the output preset I need. If I still have to go in and change settings, it's not much of a "preset"

Are you using a pedal for a volume pedal? If you left your kemper on between SC and Show and that pedal accidentally got unplugged from the remote, it could become uncalibrated (system button 6-11) I have had it happen and it resulted in the "full volume" only being 3/4 of the way up, resulting in lower output of everything including gain and volume.

Who gets paid to play music in this day and age? ;(

I do. So if you're currently gigging be careful even with full-release versions. This past summer I had to haul my rack out of the truck and up to the hotel room and update a full-release version to an update because the sound was dropping. If everything is working Leave it alone, and let people that aren't gigging make sure a Beta, or full release is stable. I have a few months off right now so Beta me up, I'll do my turn as beta-tester....

UPDATE! On the Kemper download page, I was able to Download and install, and run the Rig Manager update. First time I've ever had to do that. But If you're having the issue like I had, try doing that.

I have upgraded to Ventura. I cannot update to the new Rig manager. When I turn on rig manager it says this version is out of date, do you want to upgrade? I click update and it downloads, then keeps going past 100% sometimes it's 120% sometimes over 150% until it stops and says.

"Warning

Rig Manager is performing a task. Do you really want to quit before the task is complete?"

then if you hit "cancel " to not quit, It' crashes, with the "Rigmanager quit unexpectedly " with typical Mac crash report.

Translated Report (Full Report Below)

-------------------------------------

Process: Rig Manager [3421]

Path: /Applications/Rig Manager.app/Contents/MacOS/Rig Manager

Identifier: com.kempermusic.rigmanager

Version: 3.3.38 (1)

Code Type: X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process: launchd [1]

User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2022-11-26 07:59:42.2019 -0500

OS Version: macOS 13.0.1 (22A400)

Report Version: 12

Bridge OS Version: 7.0 (20P420)

Anonymous UUID: 753C4811-1DCC-C861-D4FA-A083519FFBC3

I don't have big feet (size 10 US) But I struggled big-time. I was hitting 2 buttons or the wrong one. I have the toppers, which helped a little. I put larger rubber feet on the back/top of the remote to make it more of an angle, That helped a little too. But I don't like to "tip-toe" and try to use just the tip of my foot during a show, During a song it's usually a morph I'm looking for, and usually, that's for a boost and some changes for a solo. So it's kind of crucial that it gets done right. I have 2 FS-5U's I use, both for morphing. By using the polarity switch on those fs5u's they can do different things. One is set so however you press, it morphs, just like they are on the remote. Set the other way, it only activates when you lift your foot. I use this a lot. You press down and hold your foot on it nothing happens until you lift your foot, great for specific timing things and not having to look down, so you don't have to lift your foot up, press the button then lift your foot off. I don't shoegaze, and try to be looking up as much as I can. I use "rigs" as songs so most of the time I just use the "Bank up" button on the remote and the bottom row just for 5 different songs per "performance" So for morphing/soloing I just have to hit the big button on the boss switch. My other huge issue is that the screen is so small I can hardly see the "rigs" (layout A) I really want them to make something like layout C but for "rigs"

I think it depends on why you use the Kemper. When going back and forth with someone on these forums you might not know what they're trying to get out of it. So if someone is looking to do ambient stuff for a church thing, they want something totally different than someone with a 7-string tuned down doing strictly metal to a person that wants 80's hair stuff to blues, or jazz. I think I'm lucky and where I think Kemper beats them all is in the low to moderate gain, and hard rock stuff. I think that type of tone is where there is the most interaction between the amp and the guitar. With that type of music, you can really hear them both, the type of guitar, the pickup, and the type of amp, and when playing you can feel it. I have been at it a long time and have played every amp, I have vintage fender's vox, marshall, & boutique. The Kemper feels and reacts like a tube amp. But I'm just going with why I use it.