Posts by jon9max

Make a rig that does what you want, then make another that does what you want. Switch between them? If I need something I can't do with morphing I just make another rig. Still the push of just one button. It seems I use the Kemper differently than most, but it was logical for what I was using it to do. I really only use it in performance mode unless I'm working out a new rig. I use each slot(rig) in a performance as a song. Each rig has all of the settings as I exactly need them for that song(s). I use the morph to change different parameters in that song, or add a major boost of volume if I am playing a solo. I have all 4 expression slots filled so I can do a lot with those. Wah/pitch (or whatever I need a rocker pedal for) a dvp3 strictly for volume 2 FS-5U's both for morphing. The buttons are so close together both the remote I don't like to use those to morph. There is too much chance during a fast-paced show that I hit the wrong one or two at the same time. By using the polarity switch on those fs5u's they can do different things. One is set so however you press, it morphs, just like they are on the remote. Set the other way, it only activates when you lift your foot. I use this a lot. You press down and hold your foot on it nothing happens until you lift your foot great for specific timing things and not having to look down, lift your foot up, press the button then lift your foot off. I list all this stuff because I see a lot of people (not you)want to do things that you already can. I like to see how others use the Kemper to give me Ideas on how my flow during shows can be flawless. The main gripe I have with the Kemper is the tiny screen. With the method I use I can't use the newer Layout C to make the individual rigs names in a performance Huge . It only makes the performance name large which is useless for me. So I need to use layout A and magnify the tiny screen so I can have a chance of seeing the screen. Please, Layout D please to make rig names Huge please.

I have a line6 g90 in a rack with the kemper.(I also have a g30, and g50 they all work great, and do not alter the sound in any way) The IEM’s are a separate thing. They exist in a separate rack with the others for the rest of the band. The guitar/kemper/wireless are an input. The IEM’s are an output.

The problem with contact lenses is if you correct for distance then the fretboard becomes a total blur. So, you have to practice playing not looking at it.

I tried this and it made me dizzy. I Have been petitioning for a "D" layout because I use each "Rig" slot as a song so the "C" layout doesn't work for me. The screen is tiny and at gigs with lights all over it's next to impossible to see unless you are very young or 2 feet tall... I've taken 2 plastic fresnel lenses, cut them out a little bigger than the screen, stuck them back to back, and made two wood blocks(painted them black ) about an inch high a little higher on the top. Put velcro on the fresnel lens, blocks, and remote, and it makes the screen a bit bigger. (Please Kemper gods make a "D" layout so each slot(1,2,3,4,5) can be large!)

There is a kind of isolated feeling of using earplugs or IEMs. If you're used to earplugs, then IEMs will probably work out pretty well for you.

It's super cool to have a individualized mix, and instruments stay within a reasonable volume level. It's easier to have an overview how the band sounds.

I'm using a In-Ear Stagediver SD4 and I'm quite happy with them.

It all depends on the system and the setup. I have a midas 32c, & DL32 with a split, strictly for 7 stereo IEM mixes with some effects. I set up ambient mics at each side of the stage panned l&R That helps with that isolation feeling. I have an iPad with mixing station and My mix is whatever I want it to be. We basically have a silent stage. I do have a 1x12 with a Kemper Kone that sounds great, mostly for setup, & backup if there's a catastrophe. I turn it up a little bit for some feedback. Also have pretty decent 64 audio IEM's it sounds great. I hear every little thing. (and no one bitches about me being too loud...)

Rhett is a good guy but seems more focused on churning out videos, and hopefully, some are controversial. Good for him. He makes a nice living from it. He's taking care of business. If you are doing a gig or recording, you are not fiddling around with your amp knobs. If you want less gain, you have a volume knob right there on the guitar. I find that the Kemper Feels most like a tube amp, and that's the Only thing that matters to me. That makes me able to be more expressive, therefore play better. If you are using IEM's The Kemper is invaluable.

... yes, why not. Good idea. I already love and only use Layout C. Something tells me that Layout D will come.

I wish. It would seem so easy for them to do(not that I have a clue at all) It would solve my biggest problem with the Kemper. For me everything else is fine. But that tiny remote screen. I use rigs as individual songs and I just can't see them with my 54-year-old eyes at a show with flashing lights, and quick changes. I'd love it if it were like 'Layout C' but for rigs. (pssst... kemper programming people, just send me a little email with your Venmo, I can give a little incentive, Know what I mean;) nudge, nudge.....I have 3 big shows this weekend..shh, just between me and you...thx8))

Is the “loss of sound” issue something that came up since the last beta?(As I had that issue at the last beta fixed). Just asking as I have a show tomorrow night and I would have to pull the kemper out of the truck into the hotel room to update. I would rather not. Thx

My problem has always been The “Musician” definition is what most “soundguys” that think they’re “sound engineers” go with. I can usually tell with a brief conversation who I’m dealing with. As with in life anyone who thinks they know everything always knows the least. It’s a defect all “sound guys” seem to share. It’s that way because you can never learn anything if you already know everything. I never have issues with “sound engineers” . They feel me out as much as I do them. It’s about 20 seconds. It’s always a smooth easy show. But you deal with what you have to deal with. You can’t win with a “soundguy” they see “musicians” as beneath them.

It would be nice if we could customize what we see, but I just need the rig names to be huge instead of the performance names. I use the kemper in performance mode if I'm using the remote.

Are you asking why your tiny BA drivers in your Iem's sound different from a live 4x12 cab? My kemper sounds the same through my Iem's(Wireless through M32c/DL32) as it does through my UAD Apollo through Adam studio monitors or over the ear athm50 headphones or the same IEM's that I use live. If I play through my Kemper cab it sounds different because the cabinet and the room now become speakers.

Nope, shold be instant.

To be honest, I use Option B all the time (with clock showing). However, I would actually prefer a view D which shows the FX blocks on the top row bigger, and the Performance Name on the middle row bigger and just loses the bottom row with the actual slot names as I always set my rigs in order of gain from 1 - 5 so the bottom row is superfluous for me.

Hey, Hey whoa...wait a minute... We've established "Layout D" is large Rig display... You do "Layout E" with your fancy schmancy effects or whatever and we'll be good