Posts by jon9max

I thought my prayers had been answered, but.. At gigs, I have a hard time reading the small screen and actually fashioned a plastic fresnel strip, 2 blocks, and velcro to make the screen just a little larger so I can see the rig names. I use layout "A" where the rig name is displayed large. I seem to use the remote differently, as I use Rigs as songs, so I'll have each song(s) named with a different Rig, then Morph for solo boosts, effects etc... for a drastically different sound. I have about 5 performances or Pages, as I see them, that go through the set in order from song to song,(rig to rig) then go to the next page (performance) to go to the 6th /11th/16th/21st....

I understand having the Performance being large is helpful to many. But can we have the option for the Rig to be large as well? Please, please? With bright lights, and a fast-paced show, that small screen is tough, and when I hit the wrong thing, it's a mess, and I need to bend over to see what's going on. Having the "Rig" be huge would solve everything. My performances are named 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 really insignificant. Just the bank of songs.

I recently bought the TAF Vox pack and have been impressed so far.

I also like these a lot. I decided to profile my own AC30 and they were coming out almost identical to the TAF's so I just use theirs. As far as the cranked normal channel sound you want to build a Brian May tone. It's the only one that gets close. I do use a different cab IR though. I bought, and tried tons of Celestion blue Ir's, the best I found was from "The impulse guys" which was Dan Boul from 65amps . I think it was from a 64.

If the ox acts like a load. Connecting a speaker is also an impedance load. Is the ox doing something else? I mean, I don’t understand what benefits you would get by going through an attenuator with something that doesn’t need attenuation. Speaker, and room ir’s?

I use one effect in the loop, and it’s in the back of my rack and tied down. That has happened to me and one of the patch cords going to the loop was just a tiny bit pulled out and the sound was lower and thin..

Good to know. Thanks for the link. No pedal switches for me. My wah/pitch pedal is a DIY I made from a crybaby I gutted one that survived my House fire. I wanted it to feel like a wah. Nothing in there but the necessary components for an expression pedal, and no switch, And I removed the rubber feet on the under side of the foot pad. So 100% is 100%. I use the dvp3 strickly as a volume pedal on the left side, The Crybaby for wah and pitch, to the far left, and two Boss FS-5U's I use to morph, which usually is a solo boost with some changes. Love these. The remote switches are kind of close, so I found I had to be too careful or I would maybe hit the wrong thing. To use them you need to use a regular mono patch cable. I have one on the left, polarity set to the left (normally closed) that gives you the same function at the remote pedal but all by itself and bigger, you don't have to look and can slam it. The one on the right side of the remote, I set the polarity to the right(normally open) which means you have to press down and let it up for it to activate. I use that when I need to be precise. I don't have to lift my foot find the button and click it, I hold my foot on the button and release it for it to immediately morph. I use that as must as the other. also works just the same as if you press AND release.

I think it's 's because I usually only work in performance mode. I put it to browse and it works as it should. In performance mode it seems to work one way then if you want to change a parameter back it doesn't go unless you hit the morph then back and it will be changed. I just tested that. I was able to turn the volume up on an effect but then, however I twiddle? it, it stays the same. if I turn it down, then hit morph back and forth then it will be lowered.

I am aware of the pulling plugs thing. I make sure everything is plugged in before I turn it on. New good cables. Solid pedals. Dunlop dvp3 when I notice it (usually volume pedal)dvp3. I notice it seems to be about 90-95% when in toe position when I go to the calibration page. Ha I just remembered. Damn. Last weekend, Fast setup. Pedal 3&4 were switched, and i had to switch them out. That must have been it. Um… never mind…?(

I notice I often have to recalibrate my expression pedals attached to my remote. It's a real PITA. Because I usually don't notice unless something is wrong. "Hmm ,I don't seem to be getting enough output/gain, S**t the volume pedal calibration is off." Or, the other pedal I use as a Wah or pitch pedal, not good if you're supposed to go an Octave and It's not quite there. That's embarrassing. I really don't think I should have to check all these parameters when I set up. load in, set up soundcheck, and hope I catch it. My kemper isn't near my remote pedals at a Gig so it's really hard to do the calibration when the kemper is offstage. Ya know? Solution?

I notice if I am working on a rig in rig manager, and I adjust certain settings (most) nothing happens (the setting on the screen changes, not the sound)unless I morph/unmorph, then go back to it, and then it's changed. I'd like to adjust the settings in real-time. For example, if I change the intensity on the compressor from 1 to 8 nothing will happen(it will say it's on 8) hit the morph switch or another rig in the performance, and go back and then the sound is changed. It's very annoying. It's not all of them but a lot. Anyone else? Solution?

I don't know how much space it would take up, but they could lose the "profiling" part for a smaller unit. I imagine most users don't even use it. I profiled my AC30 and it was Identical to the best one that I bought. I could hardly tell them apart.

Have you found a solution? I too get too much unwanted squealing. Especially bad when i boost for solos. I have to be on my volume knob. We have next to zero stage volume. I do not play with high gain just your basic rock tones. I use IEM’s and a 1x12 with a Kemper Kone barely on but it even happens when that’s off. FOH is always in front of us usually hanging. And some front fills. I’d love to get some controlled feedback but that is out of the question. It’s puzzling. My sounds are solid and I cut the highs at about 8-9 k I forget.

I would profile it as a direct profile with no cabinet. You should be able to use it with no cabinet to get the sound of the Aura. I would need to play with this a little. You could possibly also use an acoustic IR in the cabinet block along with it if it needed a little more processing. There are some sites out there with some free acoustic IRs that are pretty decent. This is where I would start and see how it works.

Hmm. I wouldn't know how to profile that. I've done profiles of my amps but with a microphone.

I don't know why I didn't think about this when this thread first came up... I have a Fishman Aura. I could do some profiles of that and post them to share. Is there a specific acoustic you are going to use the profile with? There are a ton of them in the Aura and there are more that I could download to get as close to the exact one you are using.

I have a Fishman Aura DI and love it. How would you go about Profiling that? It's circuitry in a pedal.

I have stopped using my Acoustic live for the few songs I need it, in favor of a profile I made up using the acoustic simulator on a Les paul neck pickup split-coil (on rig exchange acoustic -jon9max)it sounds great but fingerpicking an LP that's hanging pretty low isn't optimal. I would like to go back to using it if I could just have my acoustic going through the Kemper. I had to have another whole rig, setup, and input with the acoustic, another wireless, and the Aura. I have multiple wireless transmitters so just having to grab the acoustic and it going through the same rig and FOH not having to scramble would be nice.

I’ve been playing gigs for almost 40 years Kemper doesn’t have to look out for me. The problems are caused by it not saving my levels. If the output levels were saved for my live sound, the levels for that preset would not cause a problem with my FOH. They would be exact. What they may be set at at home IS the problem. That’s where it’s louder, & not resetting prior would cause a problem. Also it doesn’t save the power amp on/off. It makes no sense that it can’t save everything in a preset and you have to manually go into it turn the power amp on/off and set the levels. It’s a hassle. It’s half a preset. It’s an omission not a feature.