Posts by Vinny Burns

What is your Gain set to and are you clipping the Input or Output?

If Gain is set to zero, is it still dirty over headphones?

Are you maybe running your signal too hot into whatever follows the PROFILER?

On my clean setting (profile of CAE 3+SE clean channel not pristine. Has a little harmonic stuff going on but nowhere near even semi breaking up) Think gain is about 2.? Even when turning the gain to zero, the Leslie is a grittier sound on top of it. I am going into an Behringer X32 (with headroom to spare before hitting 0db on the meters) into a Turbosound system supposedly rated at 11kw on paper.

My clean sound is not breaking up, only the Leslie sounds slightly crunchy. All other chorus, micro pitch etc are working cleanly. Even messed with the vibrato effect and got closer to what I needed as it was at least clean.

Off down to the studio in a while to give a few ideas a go.

Thanks for the reply.

Why not make slot 1 the one you start your song with?

Slots are easily movable, so when in one song you start clean and in another super distorted it's easily achievable?

Because slot one is always my main rhythm, slot 2 is always lead etc. The songs don’t necessarily start with those sounds though. they could start on a clean sound which is slot 3 or a semi distorted rhythm sound which is slot 4 along with anything that has a longer delay than the rest of the song (or even different delay tempo due to the intro being a different time signature). Those first 2 slots with the core sounds never change and I always know what they are.

Yeah... I can see how my solution doesn't work for you.

oie_n3P8QiTH1jAW.png

Hmmm... Looks like Ingolf's suggestion is best so far, but I'd go along with your feature request!

Haha. Thank you. ?

Yes, I can live with just selecting a rig on recall of a performance but my way would be so much more convenient And buy a few more valuable seconds. Plus, if it’s says the right song name for the performance, I would know I have the correct first sound. Just been spoiled the way that I could do this with scenes from the device I have just come from.

We will see if it can be done in the future. ?

Yes, of course, I already read that in the manual. That is not what I would like to do hence the wish to have something different.
    I would like to choose per Performance exactly which Rig is active when selecting a given Performance. Not Rig 1, not what Rig was last active in the previous Performance and not no Rig selected. :)

It would be fantastic to be able to set which Rig is active when you first select a Performance. What ever Rig was active when you saved the performance maybe.
    After a song has finished, I immediately switch to the next song (so next Performance in this case) then usually check my tuning. Having the correct first Rig active within the Performance is a great help when trying to get enough time between songs for quick tuning.
    Plus, I have 1-5 set pretty uniformly for similar sounds in our songs.
    1 is main Rhy Gtr.
    2 is Lead.
    3 Clean or a less distorted Rhy Gtr.
    4 is Harmony solos, static Wha or long delays in a coup,e of songs.
    5 is normally for an extra weird sound like a Leslie on something or an unusually long delay.
    Because they can be a little different depending on the song, it's nice to have done the work before hand for the first sound/Rig to have been selected on choosing the right song title/Performance.
    Is this doable in the future?

+1.
    I don't think the delay part is about the stereo image, it's about how much it thickens the sound out. In all my other effects, I have always had a different micro pitch interval on each side as well as a slight delay. From IPS 33B, H3000DSE, G-Force and many more units over the years.
    Even the classic Pitch Change C on the SPX90 had the signals delayed even though they were +8 and -8 cents. It gave a subtle but bigger sound. Check it out on hand claps and finger snaps where it was heavily used to give the illusion of more people performing.
    I always liked -7 and +11 in my other units. Would have to look up what small delays were involved in my old patches though. Be nice to replicate MY sounds in the Micropitch effects module.
    For instance, it has been well documented that Landau's pitch settings were as follows. That was a great sound. All over a lot of records from the 80's

Pitch Change C

L Pitch = 0

L Fine = +13
    L Dly = 4.1ms
    L F.B. = 0%
    R Pitch = 0
    R Fine = -11
    R Dly = 9.1ms
    R F.B. = 0%

Micropitch is such a great sound. The module in the Kemper is very stripped down though. Especially compared to an 80's SPX90 that along with the early Eventide units made this sound popular. Would be great if it could at least do what a 30 year old SPX90 could do.

I find the Leslie to be really spikey and over distorted. Be great to be able to change the gain on it to be able to clean it up somewhat. Trying to use it with a very clean compressed guitar sound and it's just too distorted. I know that grit works for most things but not for a really ultra clean sound where you just cannot dial it out.

Thank you.

That’s a bit of a pain but understandable if there is a vent.

Hmmmm. What to do. It’s a fly rig and the baggage handlers really throw these flight cases around and Velcro is the only thing I have found where the floorboard is still always attached to the wooden base plate after flights.

What do I need to do to remove the feet of the Kemper stage and Velcro it to a pedal board? Can the feet and screws just be removed? Do the screws have to go back in the unit? What about airflow. I need a way to fix it to a wooden board that lives in its own flightcase where an expression pedal will also be mounted. Lid lifts off, plug in and ready to play.