Posts by ajbsmirnoff

..and the Profile is a Marshall too!

a '71 by msujis (look in description)

I choose something I really Like from Rig Exchange so You Keperians could maybe get a better and more concrete Idea.

I know it's not easy at all to understand how a pickup sounds without actually mouting on your own guitar but, in this way, I though in this way the demo is a lil usefull.

Martin makes excellent profiles.

I really like the Katana.

Its very much a 'here's the preamp sound, pick a speaker and lets GOOOOOOOOOOOO' If you don't like the smooth (definitely non gritty) gain then you're SOL. But I do. The FX are decent. I want to back to back compare them to the GP-10/GR-55 FX as, its all Boss/Roland, but with more time to improve them.

The 'oh I'm buying that' moment came from it having an acoustic amp setting. Being able to plug an acoustic into a device and get either a good acoustic sound out or just a bit of the acoustic sound through a very wet reverb (to make your room bigger) is a very cool thing that Kemper does (Bert M's profiles are cool !)- but Line 6 steadfastly refuse to add to Helix (where you have to cobble an acoustic amp together yourself from some blocks).

I'm also of the opinion that we should all try things to get perspective.

^^The Name is also epic...Had the original one, not bad but was way too noisy with my amp.

In my defense, I was left unsupervised...........

..... I went to the site to buy a copy of the BE-ODX (which I'll eventually get) and came away with the BluesBreaker/Tubescreamer clone of a clone. I'm curious how it'll compare to my Durple /KoT combo (the Durple is (pretty nice TS) )Tone City pedal derived from a pedal derived from ad pedal derived from a TS.). The build quality appears to be very good for the price point (it was $60 ish)

If I use this signal chain (Helix-Player-Helix-FOH) is there a way to include the Kemper Kone (or any Cabinet) for monitoring on stage in anyways?

You'd need one of the many Helix outputs connected to a poweramp and cabinet for stage monitoring. The kone / kabinet is just a speaker - you'd still need a poweramp. The Power Kabinet has a poweramp and can be used from a regular 1/4 inch Helix output - leaving the Helix xlr for your FOH.

Bakersounds has it dead right.

I use my Helix with a Kemper rack* and other preamps and FX - and this method works very well. Cabled as Baker says above, in the Helix, I set a single send block with 'through' set to 0% then a stereo return block set to 100% mix, and assign them both to the same footswitch.

Make sure you set the Helix loop to 'instrument' rather than 'line' in the Helix I/O settings.

The Helix is a great midi controller - I'm not sure how you'd cable the midi (usb midi is new to me), but it would be very cool to control aspects of the Player from the Helix footswitchs/Exp pedal.

*with the Kemper I mainly use the SPDIF I/O, but started out using the regular in and outputs.

Apparently I also have a weakness for valve amps.

I used to have one of these as a combo a while ago, which was ok. But WAY too loud for kitchen use.

But. It worked exceptionally well using the attenuated headphone output converted to a line out (clip the headphone low pass filter) and paired with an IR. In fact, my Marshall Lead 12 amps (poorman's JCM800), and Marshall DRP-1 (poorman's JCM 900) did too.

This one has spent 2 years sitting in my local guitar shop where its price has been slowly reducing while the dust has accumulated. Its a great amp for practicing your dynamics.

Today, I brought it home.

Maybe the person writing the copy didn't see the photos before they were smooshed together.

I think that the world is moving on from 100watt stacks*. Making your 'device that makes the sound of an amp and speakers' loud enough to play a gig or compete with a PA may well need such things. I'm guessing its a standard cab with 4x celestion FR speakers or similar - the Nobel committee aren't prepping for a new category for prizes for contributions to speakers next year.

I'd be way more interested in a hybrid cab switchable between plugging in my amp, or plugging in my modeller/profiler and getting the right sound out of it. The solution I was gradually working towards was having a pair of PA cabinets each with a guitar speaker and a FR speaker, and a toggle switch to swap between them.

* I missed out on a Marshall dummy 100watt stack last year (same as the real amp&cabinets but only about 6 inches deep with no internals that I wanted to mount onto my cupboard door.

Either open the CSV file in Notepad (in Windows) - or get a free spreadsheet program.

You can open CSV files in Microsoft word too. Right click on the CSV file, from the right click menu choose 'open with' then 'choose another application' then choose MS Word from the list of apps.

Opening the csv in ms notepad or ms word (or any free word processor) can make for a fussy / messy list.

Excel is available for free from Microsoft.

Google Sheets is a free alternative to Excel

Open Office is a free alternative to MS office which is still available

So. My Christmas present finally came.

A Boss DC-3.

I've got the DC-2 Waza which is superb if you use it in stereo. It even emulates the original rack SDD-320 unit.

This one is a variant / follow up to the DC-2 pedal but with knobs instead of presets. I think its a fully digital pedal (the DC-2 and DC-2 Waza are analogue). Looks to be in very good condition for a 30+ year old pedal. And Boss pedals are virtually indestructible.

Yippee !