Posts by toadroddy

I used an Ampeg SVT IV and a Ampeg BRE_2 live for years. Warm and lively preamps. I have gotten some good Ampeg profiles off the rig exchange. I just started to tweak some here lately. Trace Elliot sounds nice, but haven't found any good profiles. Bass player in the working years, guitar player in retirement. Love the profiler!

I'm usually pretty good at figuring these things out , but I'm stumped. I have a Stage. I can get Spdif to work when I plug the guitar into the Kemper, so I know the cables work. When I plug the guitar into a channel on the daw, I get a DI signal on channel one of daw. I set input to reamp. I set Spdif output to master stereo. No signal to spdif channels. Definitely confused at this point.

Thanks for the information, but I still seem to be missing something. I can turn down the fader all the way and still get a full signal. It' like I have no control of the channel. I must be missing something in the routing of the DAW. Thanks, I'll keep messing with it.

Is the rig volume the control for your signal to your DAW?
    Usually the rig volume is set to 0 db or higher. I had to go -12db to get the correct signal. So, would you have a rig volume for recording and a different rig volume for playing?

Thanks for listening.

I’m a little confused on how all the routing goes. I have a Mac M1. I have a quantum 2626. In midi assistant,I can make an aggregate device for profiler and the 2626. But, Studio One doesn’t like this. I can make a dual output and have music come from both. Studio one doesn’t like this either. I get the 4 outputs into the DAW, but what controls the input? The guitar? I seem to turn down all outputs and I’m still getting -12-0 db into the channels.

Thanks, I was able to get a signal now. I take it you have to use the Kemper for playback. Playback seemed noisy. Think I'll stick to the traditional way until the bugs are out. Little complicated for this old guy.

I’m having a problem with seeing the kemper in studio one. I have a Mac M1. I can see the profiler in the Mac MIDI assistant. I can play music from the Mac to the profiler. Do I have add the profiler as an external instrument? I have tried this with no success. Do I have assign it to specific MIDI channels? I can see everything in rig manager I think I have the usb settings right. Thanks

I'm having that same problem. I didn't have the Kemper drive effects, so I just added factory content. Got the drive, but doubled up the others. I tried deleting from profiler, then reinstall from local library. Same result. It doesn't show up as double in the rig manager.( Preset space 1206/my profiler 434/local library434/ preset pack 338.) Confused.

I bought a presonus 2626 because of thunderbolt. Then bought a new mini Mac. This was in November. Can’t use it because the presonus can’t talk to the new mini Mac with the new M1 chip. Presonus has no support. So, be careful if you go presonus route. Fousrite might be a better solution.

I bought 4 Kones. I put two in some old sonic floor monitors. I wired one with a series output to run at 8 ohms, if I use both. I am using a Ampeg Br2 bass amp to power them. Going into power amp in. Just using to amp. Works good. These speakers are great! Still would like a stereo solution without buying a crown.

I just ordered 4 pack of Kones. I have two 12” sonic monitors that I will two in. I have a 4x12 cabinet that I will put the the other two in.
    I need to power them. I was thinking of a 300 watt Crown. Some of these power options seem to color the sound. Anyone else have any other pure power options? Want to run in stereo.