Posts by Steve5478

I’m not sure why so many people insist on telling the OP why they’re ‘wrong’ for wanting this. That they’re ’doing it wrong’.

They want it….you don’t.

So what?

It's not a question of wrong or right....

The OP seems young in Kemperworld, i just wanted to explain that the triple zero settings means nothing ; it just indicates that there was no change after profiling....

If i say : i've got my rig set at B-3; M+1 and T@+0.5, does it mean you can take any rig and set it that way ? NO, i'll be asked quickly what rig amoung the thousands that exist i talk about. I can have a rig with those settings ans applicate the same to the next one, it will be awful.

At the opposite, if i use a Kemper effect, i can tell how i set it and everybody will be able to reproduce exactly the same thing....

I'm just asking to understand added value and telling how it works....

There are a lot of things i don't use in Kemper but i understand what it was integrated for....

True. But we use your wonderful products in so many situations where you can't trust your ears. Or don't have time to. Sometimes your drummer asks you to add a bit of top end, and then you know that typically means adding 0.3. And then it is helpful to see the starting point without having to move the dial first. Please just acknowledge that people have different needs. Please :)

This is exactly what i don't catch !

If you see already the screen with values and see that the top end is at 0.6, do you turn towards the drummer and say him : "i won't change anything cause i've already pushed this parameter" ? Or you turn the button to cut the mix ?

J'allais dire que c'était simple ; juste partir des deux jacks "main output" mais, en fait, en y réfléchissant, ça ne va pas se faire facilement.

Le Laney marche en FRFR (donc la sortie main output est celle qu'il faut utiliser) alors que le Kabinet doit être obligatoirement branché à la sortie monitor output car seule cette sortie peut être configurée sur la position "Kone" même si tu veux faire du FRFR via le Kabinet ; la conception du Kone est spécifique et Kemper a développé un paramétrage exprès pour cet ampli. Faudrait éventuellement vérifier si il y a un réglage "master stéréo" sur la sortie monitor output. Si c'est le cas, partir de cette sortie avec ce réglage et partir de la sortie main output vers le Laney avec le même réglage et ensuite voir quel côté correspond à l'opposé du Kabinet....

Pour ton enceinte Orange, tu ne pourras pas brancher le Kabinet et celle-ci en même temps si je ne ma trompe pas ces deux sorties ont le même paramétrage. Ta sortie amplifiée peut alimenter un Kabinet sans ampli (l'enceinte Orange dans ton cas). Du coup, si tu as le PowerKabinet sur la sortie monitor et l'Orange sur la sortie speaker output, tu ne pourras pas avoir "Kone" d'un côté et pas Kone de l'autre.

Y'a des essais à faire mais vu que tes enceintes sont complétement hétérogènes, ça ne va pas le faire simplement.

Après, beaucoup ici ne conseillent pas forcément le stéréo ou le multi enceinte.... Ca le fait à la maison ou pour le public vraiment au milieu mais pour les autres, c'est vite embêtant, ils n'ont qu'une partie du son d'après ce que j'ai pu comprendre.

Your device must be very old.

I've got a Samsung Tab A6 i've bought years ago, Rig manager works perfectly on it. At its launch, Android 6.0 Marshmallow was installed, i assume it has been updated since....I don't know which version runs on my tab today !?

It was a totally different story with my iphone 6 ; no comment :rolleyes: :thumbdown: :cursing:

Can't install apps or Updates are blocked cause your device is too old (even if it works perfectly).... And apps are not done for the past iOS you've got --> thanks to programmed obsolescence --> Byby Apple ! :evil: :cursing:

I've got an android smartphone now 8o

Is it possible to get one of the monitor outputs to only put out a dry signal and the other output only wet?

I want to try a wet/dry configuration . (so not w/d/w)

Do you want to mean, you want W/D from L/R monitor outputs ?

It's impossible to set separately left from right output.

The way to obtain what you want would be to go from one monitor output, set it dry and one from the main output set it wet...

It not meaningless. Sometimes I don't trust my ears! The way things sound can change from day to day, or even how I feel! It would be great to have the values displayed AS A REFERENCE POINT.

The problem with Kemper tonestack's settings at zero is that it doesn't provide any information. I mean, an amp can be profiled with Bass at 2, Mid at 1 and Treble at 7.

The same amp can be profiled with B@7; M@8 and T@2 --> in each case, tone stack will be at zero for every values.... It's just to tell there's a starting point and users have (or not) played with that....You've got NO original amp reference point...

This is the reason why you have to trust in your ears and set the sound like you want, and why many advice to browse rigs till you find one that you like or close to your liking.

I noticed it too.

I played through my headphones at night (my neighbours thank me) and had an important amount of noise.

I have dimmer lightings, i thought they caused the problem, so switched off the light but it didn't solve this...

I stopped playing quickly cause it was dreadful. I thought there was interferences with my neighbours' lights or something else cause everything was off at my home...

The day after, i tried the player in my my monitoring speaker as usually and everything was alright

Just connect to any ground gear e.g. powered speaker or mixing desk or to a grounded PC via USB.

Does it mean, i just have to let my monitor speaker hang (in off position) to Player's output ?

Can i use a grounded powerstrip or a grounded power extension cord to plug the player in and get rid of this problem ?

There seems to be a logical disconnect in the expectation of functionality for Kemper products. The products had a specific set of functionality when we purchased them. There was no contractual obligation, guarantee or promise of any additional functionality. If you bought a toaster, rack, or stage expecting something different , you made an illogical purchase. If you bought a Player expecting that it would do something different, you made an illogical purchase. If Kemper provides improvements then consider yourself fortunate. Otherwise, and to be frank, this all sounds like a bunch of entitled whining. Kemper 'owes' us nothing. To be honest, if I were making decisions at Kemper, I would view this type of complaining as 'no good deed goes unpunished'. I would be motivated to discontinue the updates as a result. These types of threads present a danger IMO. How about using the product that you bought and being happy if it happens to get upgraded?

I agree with you in this comment, exept in the Player's case ; i've bought one cause i expect it to be unlocked as CK said it here quickly after Player's launch....

I've imagined nothing or interprated utuber's vids comments and this was one of the reason i took the plunge....

Another reason i don't understand why they've blocked features.

I'm not an IT engineer but they must necesseraly have spent time to develop all these restraint behaviors (in Player & in RM)....

I'm not convinced they going to have a return on investment even with the fee updgrade (but was it the goal) ?!

i understand they want to justify the price vs possibilities but, at the end, we are waiting (and don't know the conditions for the moment), a lot are already Kemper's owners and K Team have to work on this "new"/separate software....

i'm probably one of Kemper's non-ideal user because i am quite content with the results i have gotten with truly very little work put into it by myself and how much is freely available already.

I understand you, i've browsed Player's rigs and there are good rigs.

But i presume you only have a Player.

My main problem is that rigs i have on my Stage are not transferable easily (i mean ; without seeing exactly what i do) on the Player.

Whether i have a Stage with too much possibilities or my Player hasn't got enough...

Wonderfull delays/reverbs/Kemper drives are missing

I agree that things are moving slow.

For some improvements, we can say that they are totally stopped.... 8o

On the other side, they always come where they are not expected. Updates are just amazing !!! :huh: :thumbup: <3

IMO, for the moment, the priority is the Player....

The only things that has been told are : 1) Player's unlock features and 2) New Effects

Beyond that, it will only be surprises, as usually ;)

So maybe the explanation was too long, the question is: am I doing things right by simply using Cabinet Off in the output section, seelcting imprint and leaving the cab button on?

Isn't Monitor Cab Off the same as switching the actual cab off? In what way?

To answer the first question ; YES, i assume you do it right....

You don't talk about it but i guess you've ticked the "Kone" function too....

In fact, the first thing to do when you've got a Kone is activate that tick. Your profiler will know there's a kone behind, if you set it alone, you'll go FRFR with rig's cabinet sims. If you tick "Kone" and "Cab Off", it will interprate it as you want to have "amp in the room" with imprints (or not if you use "FRFR" for some rigs)....

If you only tick "Cab Off" and NOT "Kone", the profiler understands it as if you have your own speaker/cabinet (V30, Jensen, greenback...) and totally deactivate the cab sim on the monitor output.

Player will know free updates but will have the possibility to be upgraded to reach big units features...

Kemper wants to divide clearly units famillies, it doesn't mean they want to come into another business model....

I assume it would be suicide to purpose to pay for updates or it would be a way to come back to fixed evolution products.... IMO, customers are not ready for this and would go elsewhere....

I bought my Stage much more expensive than ever , i don't consider being cheating, that important price is filled by the free evolutions (and they are not few).

My Stage is only five years and i have to wait to totally say it was a good bet but, with all the ecological problems, i'm proud to buy a hardware that i don't have to change every X years and can make my rig evolves easily....

No need to use a DI box to FOH

that's what XLR outs are for.

1/4 are used to send to your monitors.

I wanted to answer the same but Grooguit wanted to send stereo and the Player has only one XLR output....

Player has got 2 TRS 1/4" jack outputs, i don't know if you can't use another kind of cable instead of TS to go directly to the mix table !?

I'm really curious to see how it will be implemented, because the 'audio hardware' is one of the few line of products still not touched by the micro-transaction or subscription models. Anyway, brace yourself for the usual shitstorm.

I think (and hope) that it won't be a subscription model....

IMO, it will be more a multiple possibilities fee upgrade following what you want to unlock (morph, FXs, FXs number slot, Profiling....). But paid once to justify & reduce the possibilities/price gap with head/rack/stage .

I don't totally agree with this but can understand it.

It could/would be cool if the price tag would be lower for big units owners like L6 does with Helix Native following the unit you have.... :* :thumbup: :saint: <3

IMO, it's important to say that Kemper's parameters and possibilities go farther than what is able with traditionnal rig. If i'm not wrong and have understood it well ; Kemper's drive, for example, covers a lot of drive pedals and can even brings one that does not exist ...

I disagree that you need to spend money for “good”

Profiles.

Exactly !!

You can find good free rigs and there are already rigs from sellers on the device/rig manager.

I've bought TJ utlimate pack ; cause 1) there was a sale, 2) i watched his vids on Utube and it was a way to thank him for his work and advices, 3) i wanted to built performances and it was the best way to have an increasing gain rig cause rigs are recorded with the same conditions (mic/cab/placement, etc....), i'm not convinced today with Liquid profile that this last criteria would be so relevant....

Clarity change the distorsion sound....

As for other parameters, i assume it becomes weird or "crackly" as you said if there's too much...

On the other side, the rig can respond to some needs and even if it sounds weird can be well fitted to some situations....

In general terms, how are you handling this so you can gig with the Player without irritation?

I bought a player 2 weeks ago and own a Stage.

I wanted to have something homogeneous and i thought that devices coming from the same manufacturer was the best solution.

In term of sound, No matter the sound is still gorgeous....

In term of ease of use, i get frustrated....

I have good tones with my Stage i would like to just drag and drop on the little baby, i can't....

As this thread underlines it, we have to find stratagemes to be closer as we can from "original" rig.... It's possible to obtain very good result with the Player but i waste a lot of time seeing what changes, rethink my rigs and rebuilt them.

I'm really impatient that unlocked features come....

I'm not there to complaint and want to pay half the price for a device with the same capabilities.

I've bought two Kemper devices, but for the moment, the result is the same as if i would have bought a device from another manufacturer....

How do you guy deal with a "emergency" situation that will never occure ?

ps : at some point i'll get the player as well (but I need the morph function) otherwise the 3 switches are not enough. adding axtra stuff like extra switches, exp pedals would end up as expensive as a used stage as well :)

I play in a cover band and we have a huge variety of sounds/songs.

I have a Stage too.

I have bought a Nux MG-30 to train alone at home (looper and drum kit are just top :thumbup: ) and eventually to take it as a backup.... Sometimes i forget it but we start getting paid, so it would be hard not to be able to deliver a benefit just cause my Stage is out of order...

The Nux has met improvements --> Scenes for example (not exactly a Morph cause you can't act on parameters, only on activation/deactivation of FXs) and sounds are good. It brings a 2 more switches pedal in the box to control more things (but i don't use them)....

I've just bought a Player. The idea is having a second Kemper at home to train, to be able to built/try rigs at home and transfer them to my Stage, to have a small device to bring everywhere and a backup with exactly the same sounds...

For the moment, with all the limitations, all these goals are not fulfilled. but i took the leap cause C.K. said unlocked paid features will come.

KPP's sounds are top-notch, it's unecessary to tell so cause they are the same as big units. However, I get a little bit frustrated, on one side, cause i would like to try and go deeper in some FXs parameters that are not present for the moment on the device.

On the other hand, i would like to have homogeneous rig between Player & Stage (i can obtain some really good ones with the player) and start asking myself if the Stage is not becoming a "luxury" unit cause i'm just able to push simple rigs from the Player to my Stage ?!

I don't want to play the game of 7 mistakes on all my rigs.... :cursing: I want to make it simple....Just drag and drop a rig from one unit to the other whatever the direction...

Ergonomic will stay better on the Stage (by far) ! ;)

PS : If i was a professional (or would do more gigs) ; i surely have bought a second used Stage ;) :/