Profiler Player wall wart noise

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

I have no noise from my Stage or Head. But the stupid little power supply on the Player (with no ground) is unbearably noisy. Anyone have any clever solutions to shut the interference down on the Player?

• You can connect to such grounded devices and still have them plugged in but switched off, while you listen with headphones.

I had similar problems with another device, but shielding my guitar's electronics cavity solved it (mostly).

• MacBooks aren't grounded either. Struggling to shut this thing up. I even bought an electronics anti static device connecting my wrist to the guitar. Still no good. Some of my guitars are very well shielded. No difference.

• I noticed it too.

I played through my headphones at night (my neighbours thank me) and had an important amount of noise.

I have dimmer lightings, i thought they caused the problem, so switched off the light but it didn't solve this...

I stopped playing quickly cause it was dreadful. I thought there was interferences with my neighbours' lights or something else cause everything was off at my home...

The day after, i tried the player in my my monitoring speaker as usually and everything was alright

Just connect to any ground gear e.g. powered speaker or mixing desk or to a grounded PC via USB.

Does it mean, i just have to let my monitor speaker hang (in off position) to Player's output ?

Can i use a grounded powerstrip or a grounded power extension cord to plug the player in and get rid of this problem ?

• A powered monitor speaker should do the job.

Power strips and power outlets should be grounded, but that doesn't help, since the original power supply isn't.

Thanx a lot, i've tried it yesterday night and it works :thumbup:

I connected the XLR output to my monitor which was connected to the power outlet (monitor turn in off position). I got rid of the annoying buzz sound !!!

I tried just to connect the XLR to the player (not connected to the monitor), the noise was coming back. It's boring to have to cable everything even if i don't use my monitor speaker but so pleased to have a good sound !!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• I have had the same issue on my player and found a simple and cheap solution.

I use another power supply (47€) that eliminates the annoying hum

Mooer Power Adapter for GE300
    Mooer Power Adapter for GE300 & GE300 LITE (3000 mA); Netzteil für Effektgeräte (Mooer GE300/466236 & GE300 LITE/498344); 9V DC Ausgangsspannung; 3.000 mA…
    www.thomann.de

With this power supply the Player is grounded and I can use it stand-alone with my guitar and headphones without this hum on the headphones out.

• G String

Closed the thread.