Posts by Steve5478

Increase/decrease -5dB the volume of every rigs with rig volume parameter acts exactly the same as reducing the master volume by -5dB

I don't see nothing else but 2 needs :

- set volume per rig to match/set some rigs vs the others

- set global volume cause it's too loud or too weak

There's always a "problem" of volume and our settings will never be good....

Reasons why, i think the first and most important thing to have is a volume pedal placed behind the amp block or at the chain's end...

In gigs or at rehearsal, i have my pedal set at 80/85% (to keep a boost if needed) and set the speaker loudness to be audible.

We are doing music, there are power sound variation.... Even if i use the same clean rig for many songs (or in the same song), i know i will have to play with my pedal, in the intro, i'm alone with the singer, and it's a cool move but i have to increase my volume when all the instruments get into....

The other guitarist really boring me with his traditionnal pedal board and no volume pedal. The singers are covered when they sing or we don't hear him when he has to play solos.... :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for old updates to come on the Player as told C.KEMPER (or an upgrade for current possibilities that other devices offers, to be more precise)....

IMO, the two priorities for Kemper at the moment is 1) to take care about the production, cause it's really hard to have one quickly, i've bought mine on the web and Players disappear pretty quickly....It's a good news for Kemper :thumbup: ;) and 2) the other one is the update we talk about....

I fear they will work on the opening of possibilities afterwards (how many levels they create, What they put in each, how much per level, etc....)

My frustration is more on this point currently.

I wish for a view in the mobile app that puts the screen to vertical orientation and shows similar information than the dedicated screen of other kemper products in performance mode. Current rig name in big, bank name and other rigs in the bank in smaller text type. This way you could put your phone next to the player like an extension screen (into the pedalboard), and monitor your current whereabouts during a performance. When the tuner is activated it could switch to a tuner screen such as the other models do. This app feature would make the player more usable in live situations!

The Player wasn't announced, i don't know how long they've worked on it but i think they've purposed the minimum to work fine and reliably till the beginning.

The player imposed already a work on rig manager to correspond to Player's capabilities (FXs, Fxs slots, 50 rigs, etc....)

I assume those kind of improvements could come on our tabs/phones....

On the other side, we already know that Player's features are deliberately reduced and could be unlocked....

Even if, in my opinion, the Kemper Stage is the ultimate stage device the Player will never be able to reach (cause of hardware limitations), even if you can add midi pedals, watch your phone's screen (i don't want to do this on stage), etc.... I think Kemper has to keep some limitations on this unit to justify the gap.... Player has already got a tuner....

The Player is a balancing act, to purpose enough and not so much regarding big brothers....

I'm not convinced "update" term is relevant ?!

I even started a post on reddit to ask people what are their guess on paid update :)

The most for the least ;) :P

More seriously, i've just bought the Player cause a potential upgrade was quickly announced by CK, i know it will happen....

I wait for the same Fxs blocks number, the same Fxs, Morph function (i think the In/out TRS could deserve this feature for pedals (+wah) !?)

Looper ; i have a Nux MG30, it works great with only three switches (and it adds drum kit ;) )

I don't care about profiling, never done it with my stage....The number of Rigs should stay the same (no performance/no Browse mode....

Concerning the price, it could be cool to be thanked to own a big unit with a reduced upgrade price.... ;) :*

In fact, i would like to have the same baregraph to see visually if i cover all the range.

If it's not the case, with the moog, i don't calibrate on Kemper, i just turn Moog pedal's button to reach the max volume...

Hello,

I use a moog to control my Kemper's volume. There's a sensitivity button i can turn to set the level. This button is easy to move so when i travel and go to a gig with my stage, i usually check if i reach the max on toe position....

I've seen yesterday that there's an item "pedal/calibrate" in PC Rig manager. i clicked on it but nothing happened.

Is it a feature that doesn't work for the moment (or there's something to do to make it work) ? Is that present on rig manager for iOS or android ?

I don't use that feature either but it's one that allow to obtain a quick gain control all over rigs on the fly, reason why i'm surprised....

It is to believe that CK knows exactly how we use our devices and get rid of unimportant functions (just kidding)....

I took the plunge and just received my Player, i know, i know ; never say never ! ;)

Even if i was critical about this little toy and its limitations, i've bought one.

I hesitated to buy a Hotone Stage, it could represent a good compromise for me too....

But, at the end, i want to rationalize my rig, i know Kemper's sounds and possibilities and CK said it would able to unlock limitations later (for a fee X/ (or not, it's not a must 8o )). Eager to have this ;)

Even if i rarely touch at this parameter, i was estonished that distortion sens disappeared ?!

I assume a lot of poeple goes from one guitar to the other, i have not heard about that.... It's one of the fastiest way to change all gain level following guitar's PU ?!

Is that planned to recover this feature in a future update ?

Are you bothered by this absence ?

Moi, la question que j'aurai, c'est pourquoi avoir pris le POWERhead ? Cela correspond à un besoin bien spécifique pour quelqu'un qui sait clairement qu'il va utiliser un cab guitare..... Alors que ton besoin semble se limiter aux "main" output... Cela aurait pu réduire le coût pour acquérir des enceintes FRFR

J'avais un DBR10, elle faisait bien le taff.... Je suis passé sur un DIY PowerKabinet ;)

I had a Variax with my Helix LT. of course, this couple is fantastic cause you increase your versatility possibilities.

I could start a song with a sitar, an acoustic guitar and jump to a Fender Strat detune to a Lespaul just with a press on a footswitch (per snapshot).

The drawback is that you're linked to ONE guitar, this one has to be supplied by a battery, or an ethernet cable (in the L6 case) and i play wireless....

At the end, i found some sounds fake, don't know....

I can obtain a lot of Variax sounds via my Kemper. there's the transpose feature if i want to detune, i have a HSH guitar if i want to play single coil or humbuckers, there's an excellent guitar simulation. I haven't tried it yet but i'm sure i could have a 12 strings guitar with some FXs/setups....

IMO, it's better to have integrated sims to play with (it could be good to have synth/dobro/banjo sims :thumbup: ;) )