Posts by bartlettpsj

Send a video with the different setting combinations (specifically Kone output page and maybe the CAB and AMP settings and any EQ settings).

I seem to be able to get any sound sounding good, but sometimes a lot of EQ adjustment is required.

Exactly - Don't be too quick to put the issue down to the Kemper - it can do it with a few tweaks. Maybe if this metal thing becomes a real issue, perhaps Christophe can create a 4x12 Kabinet with a "blow your socks off' button.

Yes I would agree with you as a high gain player. I have my Kabinet here getting boxed back up today. The V30 (which is most commonly used in high gain profiles) is flat and required me to tweak a lot. Overall I also made the mistake of thinking a 1x12 could get a little bit of oomph on the low end.

Oh no no, I would not do that. Clearly there is an issue/disparity and CKemper already said many high gain folk prefer FRFR mode. The Kemper is awesome and the Kone is amazing too. I could EQ it to sound great (big bass boost) it just took a bit of thought. guitarguy316 it took me 3 months to get used to the Kemper - it is just so sophisticated and requires knowledge to get the most out of it. It is not a GT-100 with presets!! My guess is that Kemper will do something in a free software update to improve Kone for metal players - Kemper is the Tesla of guitar processors. Be patient.

You guys are geniuses.

this seems decent to me. There is another similar short v30 clip in these threads that sounds good aswell

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hard to tell from the clip but I think this is suffering from loss of low end like all the high gain's I've tried. If you turn off imprints with high gain they are much better with default EQ. I have found if you use the Imprints (e.g V30) to get a decent sound with high gain you have to EQ the crap out of the profile. For example - increase Bass by +3.0, mids +0.5 and Treble +0.5 as a minimum. And thats on top of bass boost! Or is it just me.

For the chorus, try the Air Chorus instead our vintage chorus.

Tell us the results on your Vox amp.

CK

Yes thank you - Air Chorus it's much much better than the CE1 Vintage Chorus. Much wider. I love the CE1 chorus on AD120 and actually run it depth 0 and speed 0 --- i actually dont like choruses too much, but I love the sound the subtle CE1 gives.

So I tried the AGL SOME MARSHALL and what seems interesting to me is that it includes the Graphic Equalizer in the Effects second (Post amp), set to flat but with a 4.4 (dB?) increase.

I tried one of Michaels awesome profiles and tried two options - 1) adding the graphic eq like that and then 2) just increasing the MASTER VOLUME +4.4dB.

I found the former actually warmer and more amp in the room like (I am using a Kemper Kone).

God know whats going on? Is it just my ears deceiving me ;)

Oh BTW - do grab AGL SOME MARSHALL - its a great profile and has lots of suitable gain stomps to add/subtract as you like. Not sure what lonestargtr thought of it?

Its a closed back. The AD120VTX is closed, the AD120VT is open.

Yeah amp is 8 ohm but I think we're ok running into 4 ohm as long as we don't go too loud. SS is pretty tolerant. 8 into 4 means it could be louder - but I don't witness any extra volume, esp. at home volumes. It has an attenuator 1x2, 15x2, 30x2 and 60x2. I run half volume 1x2 @ home and @practice quarter volume on 2x15. There is a lot of headroom.

I can also run mono 8ohm (as per Kemper diagram in series) as I have this connector - https://www.amplifiedparts.com…plug-and-play-mono-stereo - ignore the impedances (you need to halve them as they're based on 8ohm speakers). I have two AD120VTXs (they cost me $299 used!!!) and I could setup the second with 2xKones and then have 8 Ohm mono into each, and then used both to give stereo -- but that is OTT and too heavy :)

Put two Kones into a Vox AD120VTX. It's a Stereo combo. Ripped the amp out, to make it cabinet only. Using the amp as a separate power amp only (thru the stereo returns) and using the Kones in Stereo monitor mode (Direct and Monitor Out) . It sounds absolutely freaking amazing. Only thing I miss is the wonderful Stereo Boss CE-1 from the AD120 (Kemper's isn't as good!).

ckemper - how's about creating a Kemper decal so I can replace the Vox one. I could use the sticker but that would look tacky.