Posts by Franjoe30

Thanks guys, it was a fun track to experiment with.

EZbass is a great, very quick solution when it comes to synchronising with EZdrummer beats and helps my heavy rhythm tracks sound deep and huge but i agree, it definitely has its limitations when exposed on its own. I dare say with a bit of work you could get it more human sounding but a real bass will usually sound better in these situations.

These tracks usually take me between an hour to an hour and a half to record, mix and master and EZdrummer/EZbass is a key part of my workflow to suit the time I have available. If I was ever recording with a band I’d get a bass player to do it justice.

In all honesty buying a bass would detract from me buying just one more guitar 😂 (n+1)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That guitar part is absolutely fab, it just draws you right it, i really love it

And then I just heard Franjoe30 's new tune and fell down to earth. 8| I got me some noodling to do!!!

Lol, BayouTexan i'm a one trick pony, i just get very lucky when i record my tunes.

The thing is, you are constantly playing and recording and wanting to improve, this is brilliant, with every recording you'll get closer to the sound in our head. I wish i had your enthusiasm for learning, i just play what i know these days, i really should learn more theory

That is a very nice tone, and a great sounding tune. The mix is great also. Brilliant

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I love the groove on this one, that guitar strumming pattern sounds fab, Nice chord progression also, you think you know what's coming and then it takes a twist. Brilliant

Another epic track Joe, very cool. Lovely solo towards the end and the overall sound is top notch. Cool thing :thumbup:8)

Thanks you so much deadman42

The surf themed intro & tone surprised me , well done Joe !

Thanks waraba, to be honest it was the last thing i did on the track just so i had an intro of sorts

Nice Franjoe30 , I love the very clever use of time signatures in the bridge and the melding of the clean and dirty tones!

Thanks Per I couldn't think what to do at the bridge and then stumbled upon the beat so just came up with something to follow the drums

Tremolo effect sounds great in that. I did not expect that on an aggressive song. The bridge transition part at 1:50 is epic stuff and my favorite part because it allows you to breath without taking a break! Your solos never lack. 8)

Thank you so much BayouTexan I think i was just lucky that it all came together the way it did.

Thanks Mats_Nermark, i think i got lucky with the combination of the guitar profiles an the bass. I think on this one i was lucky that the stars aligned and it came out sounding quite dynamic.

Sounds excellent, this mix is a definite improvement in overall tone, brillinat job. And your choice of profiles here is great too.

The only thing i'd add to what Per and waraba have mentioned is the very minor timing parts and to be honest this purely comes down to just playing guitar as often as you can and playing along with metronomes and drums. My timing definitely isn't the best but what i have found is that when i write a tune, the groove has a huge impact. I've recorded ideas over drum parts that just didn't sound right, both were in the same BPM but the groove of the guitar and drums didn't really sync. I generally never write playing along with drums or with drum parts in mind, i just jam on guitar and see what comes out. Once i've stumbled across something i think is good enough i'll develop the idea and then think about recording it. The first thing i do when i go to record is find a BPM and drum beat that fits the groove of the idea. I find once i find that i am off and running. The groove doesn't have to be 100% but just enough to make your music idea flow.

I'm looking forward to hearing your next tune.

Thanks Joe! but it sounds like poo-poo. I haven't posted the fixed mix yet but it's almost done. (I'm trying to get my rhythm to sound smooth like yours where the strings blend more smoothly together without any harshness). I had go through several profiles until I found one that worked without get those wah-ish overtones. I'll tag you when I post the new version.

Lol, don't put yourself down, looking forward to hearing the new version

Sounds great Per Every so often and "angry song" is needed so do not apologise. I purposely stopped watching the news a while back as it wasn't doing my mental state no good. I'm glad you managed to articulate your feeling on this track.

Well Played Joe8)

Thanks MuddySludge

LOL. I though my internet froze when I did not hear the tune with a full fast start like the signature Franjoe tunes. ;) You always have such smooth rhythmic chords. I wish I can master that.

Thanks BayouTexan The intro was an afterthought but i really liked how it sounded. I probably play more rhythm than lead when i jam, i defintely think recording to a metronome has helped with my rhythm guitar timing

Great Intro Joe, a huge tone as always !

Thanks waraba

Epic Joe, great tune. Awesome sound and well played! :thumbup:8)

Thanks deadman42

Thanks Mats_Nermark

Great track Franjoe30 ! The orchestration adds depth, great solo too! Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks Per I'm really enjoying trying to add orchestration to my tracks, just to try and make them a bit different