Posts by guitarguy316

Yes I would say so! If I end up bumping anything eq/wise for a particular band practice or live setting, it's definitely not the bass. I would say that sometimes they need a bit of a push in the treble side, but they are profiled the way I set up the amp and really loud volume ( I always try to engage the power tubes as much as possible).

Do you ever have any DI/Merged demo files to try?

Bogner Uberschall Gain demo (guitar only) :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Drop B?

What’s your best packs for high gain dropped stuff? Typical stuff like Peavey, Mesa, etc.? Though that Bogner does sound good.

I have a Mesa v30 here. The real cab just feel and hits harder and has a tight low end. I’m not knocking the kone technology, just the kab itself didn’t work for me. Maybe I’ll throw a pair of kones in a 2x12 or bigger cab one day. With the v30 imprints using DI profiles I just couldn’t get that same sound and feel of the real cab vs. the imprint. Doesn’t mean it’s bad, it’s just not for me. FRFR mode seemed about what I’d expect one to sound like.

Well I sent my Kabinet back. Just wasn’t happy enough for $500 for my applications of med-high-heavy gain setup. As some have stated above I agree it did feel muffled or blanket over it. I wonder what V30 they modeled after...some certainly are more muffed like the Chinese ones. Listen to UK v30 in a Mesa vs. Orange there’s definitely a difference.

That's a different problem. "not loud enough" is not the same as "doesn't sound good", which is what it seems you're saying.

I mean it's a little of both. Clean/low gain/even medium gains sounds okay. It's the high gain stuff that doesn't sound good to my ears. Mr. Kemper is right that he said FRFR mode is provbably better for high gain stuff and I would agree, but then you lose the amp in the room idea. Hence, why I'll just stick with buying a regular 2x12 v30 cabinet for playing DI profiles in person and headphone studio profiles at night.

This is so incorrect. The 112 I have barely gets off of 2 in my bedroom-size practice space.

I don’t know what 2 is but at -15 to -20 dB or so it’s loud sure, but it’s not tight or deep enough for high gain fast thrash, metal, chugging, etc type playing.

Oh no no, I would not do that. Clearly there is an issue/disparity and CKemper already said many high gain folk prefer FRFR mode. The Kemper is awesome and the Kone is amazing too. I could EQ it to sound great (big bass boost) it just took a bit of thought. guitarguy316 it took me 3 months to get used to the Kemper - it is just so sophisticated and requires knowledge to get the most out of it. It is not a GT-100 with presets!! My guess is that Kemper will do something in a free software update to improve Kone for metal players - Kemper is the Tesla of guitar processors. Be patient.

I’m not doubting the kone technology. It’s just a 1x12 isn’t enough unless playing at small bedroom. Once you go to FRFR route, then you lose the cab in the room feeling/sound so it’s similar to getting a headrush or any other solution.

I can always add some kones to a cab later on but right now I just don’t think the 112 kabinet cab punch above it’s weight. Yes I did tweak in profiles but also within the global output for monitor out to see if I can improve things.

Edit - as a side note, I thought kemper customer service was top notch? It’s been a pain so far to figure out how to ship this back them and that whole process. I know times are crazy right now but I can’t get anyone to call me and it took 3 days after multiple inquiries to get a response.

Hard to tell from the clip but I think this is suffering from loss of low end like all the high gain's I've tried. If you turn off imprints with high gain they are much better with default EQ. I have found if you use the Imprints (e.g V30) to get a decent sound with high gain you have to EQ the crap out of the profile. For example - increase Bass by +3.0, mids +0.5 and Treble +0.5 as a minimum. And thats on top of bass boost! Or is it just me.

Yes I would agree with you as a high gain player. I have my Kabinet here getting boxed back up today. The V30 (which is most commonly used in high gain profiles) is flat and required me to tweak a lot. Overall I also made the mistake of thinking a 1x12 could get a little bit of oomph on the low end.

At the 1:01 or so mark Michael states the run the speaker cable out the monitor output. Having coffee and running late for work so may have misunderstood. I have been running my Kones (in a 2 x 12) using my speaker output. Do I want to use the monitor output for my cab with Kones?

Hope that made sense.... ?(

If you're using a Kemper powerhead, you use the speaker output (powered from internal amp).

Our friend Tim, produced this:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So what was the setup? V30 imprint and DI profile?

I think the Kone sounds fine for its purposes, the 112 factor is just not enough for heavy music imo.

FRFR mode as in Kemper Kone ON, Imprints OFF? Yes I have played into a 2x12 EVH...sold the 5150 to get the Kemper of course :)

I had a Marshall 1960 4x12 before that but didn't own the kemper yet. I think I'm just coming to the conclusion the Kone itself is probably just fine and maybe a great idea to throw those in a 2x12 or 4x12, but a 1x12 just can't give me a enough for heavy rock, metal, or high gain playing where that low-end thump is needed.