Posts by guitarguy316

Stupid question/thought. I have a Powerhead...typically run it thru a 1 x12 or recto 4x12 (All V30's)..Primarilly going for high gain tones, BUT...I love the versatile possibilites with the Kab or Kone...Has anyone done high-gain with the Kone/Kab? I've heard all the other clean/bluesy/semi break-up, and some rock sounds, (AWESOME), but just want to hear or hear from someone who is getting Periphery-esque tones (i.e. 5150 III/Stealth sounds..) High & tight! If the Kab or Kone can do it (I'm sure they can..) I may have to at least get a Kone for now.....

I posted earlier in this thread. That’s primarily me and I wasn’t impressed with the kab. Putting a v30 imprint on just sounds small, muffled, and no oomph needed for metal.

Point being I don’t think it’s the kone per se as much as a 1x12 being weak for heavy tones.

For clean or low gain chimey stuff it’s fine.

Inhave the larger Mesa horizontal 2x12, they have a smaller version also, haven't tried it. I do have a 4x12 Traditional and Oversized. The 2x12 is more focused and every bit as good.

Right on, my local GC has a used one but not sure if I want a cab that sits low of the floor or the angled more upright at my face.

The Mini Recto slant cabinet looks very nice but sounds very small. Definitely not enough oomph. 2x12 is the smallest I'd recommend.

I would love to try a pair of Kones in my 2x12 but I only purchased one. Inhave tried many speakers in the 2x12 and they all worked great. Arguably the best cabinet I have.

My Kone is in a 1x12 oversized cabinet and is suprisingly big sounding. I just dont prefer the Kone models for metal either.

you rocking the MB 212 horizontal or vertical?

There's a reason why so many metal players like the Mesa 2x12 or similarly constructed cabs. It's smaller length/width & longer depth adds tightness, balances out V30s and a reinforced baffle that will not flex under any circumstance. Throw a couple of Kones in there and I'll bet you won't be able to tell the difference from real V30s. But, alas, that cab may be a one-trick pony so it probably wouldn't benefit from all the other great speaker imprints available. If you're mostly a high-gain player, the ultimate setup would be a stock Mesa 2x12 (or similar) for metal and a Kabinet for all your other music genre needs. And, if you think having more than one cab ridiculous, count how many guitars you own first.

Yeah I hear ya, I've yet to play my KPA through a real cab but since I'm not recording or gigging, just a play at home player maybe that's the way to go. I've been eyeballing the Mesa vertical 2x12 cab, but wondering if the 1x12 mini recto slant will be enough oomph.

Thank you Mr. Kemper! Don't get me wrong, the Kabinet is great piece of musical equipment. I just find that generally higher gain amps are usually profiled with V30 or sometimes G12H (EVH) / G12T (Marshall) so really having all the imprints is probably not necessary for me though it's nice to have if I want to dabble in something other than rock 'n roll. I did try running the v30 imprint and then adjusting the treble/presence on the master output to try to give it some some more life since it sounds a little flat to me.

IME the DA profiles don't act as the studio profiles with Kone. For metal I've had better luck with the non Kone sim full range studio option.

Meaning the "KEMPER KONE" light/buttton is ON but keep the imprints off?

Or just straight in with kemper kone off and no imprints...?

Alright I see a lot of questions about using the Kabinet for high gain. I have been using m50x exclusively since I got my toaster for a few months. I got my kab last week. I’m a rock/hard rock/metal/whatever core name it type guy. Naturally most profiles I have and use are v30 based.

Now maybe the profiles (granted they’re paid packs from the popular high gain makers) are the issue but I’m kinda underwhelmed coming from a 5153 head + 2x12.

Basically on headphones the profiles sound great and lots of nice liquid beefy gain. On the kabinet using a DI profile with v30 imprint it just feels kinda thin and hollow, and like some of the gain and liquid ness is lost. I played with directivity a little bit but not sure where to go from there. I’m not missing any settings as far as I can tell.

And yes I did add a “fake” cab to the DI profiles so that imprint mode will work even though it over rides them. Some of the non DI profiles sound good in frfr mode but not the cab in the room feeling.

Maybe I need to get a real cab and plug kemper into that to compare.

Thoughts? I’m not ready to give up on it yet but maybe was expecting more. For cleans and low to medium gain it sounds pretty good.

Well, I ordered mine the week before last from Sweetwater and it was supposed to arrive on Sunday via FedEx. I stupidly put signature required on the delivery. It actually arrived on Sunday and I was pressure washing the side of the house but I didn't see or hear the FedEx truck pull up to the front. The delivery person couldn't be bother to come around the side of the house and flag me i.e. I was using a gas pressure washer so it was loud. Mind you I have an average size house so I was probably at some point 20-30' from the delivery driver.

Anyway, they left me a note on the door saying I wasn't home and they would be back the next business day which in this case wasn't Monday but Tuesday. Well it looks like its lost now. God I hate FedEx Ground.

It might be at their customer pickup depot location...after 1-2 attempts they leave stuff there. Usually an address on the tag.

I was looking at the Hetfield VH4...in the soundcloud comments it said you were updating it with modern metal sounds...did this pack ever get updated?

Gotcha, I don't think I've ever seen the EL34 GOLD referred to as Stealth.

What are you guys setting your “DIRECTIVITY” setting to? As I understand setting to 0 makes it disperse more widely whereas setting it the other way makes it more direct. It’s on 5 at default but I think I saw HW set his to zero on the demo video.

OK so Dumb question #22, this setting I assume is a "per" profile setting- right? Otherwise Im confused... ?(

Cab button is always left ON. Using it in frfr mode with kone ON changes per profile. To use the imprints, kone ON monitor cab off is selected too. Then you choose an imprint.

You cannot change imprint per profile/rig right now but it’s coming in future update.

Playing around with my kabinet...2 questions:

1) Anyone feel like it feels better with bass boost on, even when sitting on a floor? I know it was designed for if you lift your kabinet off the floor, but I feel it really gives the cab some girth and heaviness. Could just be my pickups lacking bass or maybe the profiles...but just feels more like a cab with that extra bass.

2) My KPA by default has POWER AMP BOOST at +6dB. What is everyone setting this at for using the Kabinet?

Some random heavy riffing with the v30 Kone.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What’s your guitar and kemper profile for that?