How can I REINSTALL firmware on this thing????????

• How can I reinstall firmware on this thing? When I boot to install by holding down the < page > I receive the message that firmware could not be found on the memory stick.

• When I installed the firmware that way, I had to erase the memory stick (fat32 I think) and then put just the kaos.bin file on it. I don't think it will work with a kemper formatted stick with the file in the OS folder the way you would with a regular update.

Check here under "installing and reinstalling the firmware" : http://www.soundside.de/support/KPARecovery.htm

• When you download the Firmware you always find a pdf called How to update your KPA.pdf. This description recommends to put the kaos.bin into the "OS Update" folder. And this procedure does not need the thing with hold both '<' and '>' keys.

Quote from wiKPA.pdf, page 18

INSTALL OR REINSTALL THE FIRMWARE

• Switch the main knob off
    • download the latest KPA firmware
    • use your usual KPA-formatted USB stick
    • copy the unzipped firmware file kaos.bin into the root folder of the USB stick (NOTE: there must be no other copy of the kaos.bin file elsewhere on the stick)
    • plug the USB stick into the KPA
    • press and hold both '<' and '>' keys
    • switch KPA to tuner while still holding both keys
    • something like 'booting and installing' will be displayed
    • wait until the firmware is reinstalled.

This is a kind of forece install of Firmware. And here the kaos.bin should be put into the root folder.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

Edited once, last by fretboardminer ().