Great amps - some noise - great profiles

• Some great tube amps have some disadvantages for recording or bedroom playing:
    -high gain noise
    -hum
    -fan noise
    -sound only great if cranked
    -no master volume (= very loud)

Don't be afraid to profile them!

Some of the great KPA profiling features are:

- the noise of the profiles is (in most cases) highly reduced (compared to the real thing)
    - hum and fan noise will not be captures
    - in the KPA has each amp a master volume :)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Yes, and after the raw profile is in the KPA - then fun begins - by tweaking the advanced parameters, adding EQ's and effects ....

The KPA is the best digital guitar box ever!

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• The KPA is the best digital guitar box ever!

Don't agree! The KPA is a very good digital guitar box, specially for clean and crunch sounds. But i. e. for heavy rock and metal in studio productions there are better boxes available (Fractal Audios Axes), imo.
    Can't hardly live without the KPA, but can't definitly live without the AXE.
    :whistling:

• Don't agree! The KPA is a very good digital guitar box, specially for clean and crunch sounds. But i. e. for heavy rock and metal in studio productions there are better boxes available (Fractal Audios Axes), imo.

Yeah, right.. If you like less dynamic response sounds which are so digital live, I agree :D I have also AXE FX II and Kemper rack and my Axe is only for effects, nothing more...

• Yeah, right.. If you like less dynamic response sounds which are so digital live, I agree :D I have also AXE FX II and Kemper rack and my Axe is only for effects, nothing more.

My mean business is studio-work and recording. There's nothing too digital except the Pres/Hi/Mid/Lo knobs of the KPA ... :D

• Don't agree! The KPA is a very good digital guitar box, specially for clean and crunch sounds. But i. e. for heavy rock and metal in studio productions there are better boxes available (Fractal Audios Axes), imo.

So you're saying KPA can't do metal? :rolleyes:

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• Actually I feel there are so many metal type profiles in the KPA that I need to delete a bunch of them.
    Some huge sounds too. Just don't fit my needs.
    As far as heavy rock, hard to imagine better.

Nothing against the Axe, I have no doubt it excels at many things. Another great tool for us guitar players!

Armin had a nice idea for a thread, pointing out some maybe not so obvious things about profiling 'less than ideal' amps.

I wonder what motive is behind a post like this - in this section, in this forum - knowing that posts like this can easily and pointlessly derail a thread.
    no more discussion about this please - back to topic - this is the tips and tricks section after all. ;)

• Back to topic, certain amps have less definition in some areas of fretboard, especially when pushed hard.
    I have at least one amp like that (it sounds brilliant otherwise) and you know what? Profile it and it's much more consistent (the profile, not the amp) no more choking on certain notes.