Spdif Git/Mod , weak DI signal

• Getting a good level on the MOD side but DI side is a bit weaker (hitting -10db on the cubase meters)
    assuming its best to get the hottest DI signal possible for possible reamp in the future, is there anything I can do about this?

I have my master volume on 10 regular volume on half way but much more makes the MOD side clip.

Would I be better to just use the Direct out and use the preamps of my soundcard to boost it? Or is this a non issue?

• Getting a good level on the MOD side but DI side is a bit weaker (hitting -10db on the cubase meters)
    assuming its best to get the hottest DI signal possible for possible reamp in the future, is there anything I can do about this?

I have my master volume on 10 regular volume on half way but much more makes the MOD side clip.

Would I be better to just use the Direct out and use the preamps of my soundcard to boost it? Or is this a non issue?

The DI levels that come out of the Kemper are perfect for re-amping with the Kemper. In that case it's a non-issue. Would you be wanting to do anything else with the DI signal you are recording?

• The Di Signal is very dynamic so it´s normal that you will receive a weaker signal in your DAW compared to a distorted KPA master output signal.

Also keep in mind that the DI signal depends on the clean sense setting. If you have locked this at a low setting for a high output guitar, using a strat or something else with low ouput pickup with the same clean sense setting will result in a weaker DI signal.

Be sure to record in 24 Bit Depth and you will be fine.