CAN an expression pedal control Delay mix?

• Searches have proved inconclusive.

If they CAN in fact control delay mix, would it be a good idea to have delay module active all the time and use the pedal to "turn it on and off?"

This way, I can free up the delay Stomp on my FCB1010 which I currently have set up as A, B,C, Mod, Delay. (D is used for Wah).

• It would be nice if every parameter in the KPA were controllable via expression pedal on a rig-by-rig basis, wouldn't it? My RP355 allows this.

This would be great. :D

This would work best if a new midi spec with a larger range of CC# was implemented.

As is making CC# assignable could be a nightmare for Rig exchange's.

• I am not looking to switch delay on/off. Just take mix from 0-100 via the expression pedal. That's effectively "turning the delay on and off" if I keep the pedal in the heel position and have delay always engaged on the rigs I want it on.

• I think the delay/mix in the pedal section for plugging to kemper is only on/off

and you need midi for control.

CC #68 Delay Mix (for expression pedal)
    CC #69 Delay Feedback (for expression pedal)
    CC #70 Reverb Mix (for expression pedal)
    CC #71 Reverb Time (for expression pedal)

• I think the delay/mix in the pedal section for plugging to kemper is only on/off

and you need midi for control.

CC #68 Delay Mix (for expression pedal)
    CC #69 Delay Feedback (for expression pedal)
    CC #70 Reverb Mix (for expression pedal)
    CC #71 Reverb Time (for expression pedal)

This is what I experienced. An directly plugged exp pedal can't control delay mix. Only a switch could turn on/off.
    A MIDI board with programmable pedal(s) can do it - I use an ART X-15 ... works fine.
    :thumbup:

• Even stupider question: I have the uno4kemper in my FCB1010 so I cannot set the mix parameter on the expression pedals. Is there a way to connect a THIRD pedal through a Midi Thru/loop and have a expression pedal set to CC#68?

This is what I experienced. An directly plugged exp pedal can't control delay mix. Only a switch could turn on/off.
    A MIDI board with programmable pedal(s) can do it - I use an ART X-15 ... works fine.
    :thumbup:

• It would be great if kemper would add more items for control with a expression pedal to the rear pedal input jacks beside's Vol Wah Pitch

such as Gain, Delay Mix, Delay Feedback, Reverb Mix, Reverb Time :D

• Indeed - the original plain UNO chip is actually more powerful than the UNO4Kemper chip. I was very disappointed that the UNO4Kemper IC has zero user re-assignable MIDI CC# Controllers, nor can it be tweaked by the FCB-1010 UNO Editors,. like RipWerx
    http://ripwerxcom.ipage.com/GettingStarted.html

keep in mind, that the standard FCB 1010 can only memorize 100 patches. The standard Uno chip doesn't overcome this limitation - in stomp mode you have even less (95 patches). With these you are only able to adress a fraction of the complete Performance Mode adress room of the Profiler.

Uno4Kemper is based on a completely different paradigm. It is able to step/scroll through all 125 Performances and load any of the 625 slots. It has no patches and no patch banks. There are just a few global configurations. Therefor no editor software is required. It's basically plug and play. That's the whole idea.

But you have choices. If you don't require more than 100 different rigs and want more flexibility you might chose the standard FCB 1010 with or without the standard Uno chip.