FX-Loop Noise by using a Line6 M13

• Hey guys!

I have bought a kemper powerhead and i absolutely love it.

But there are to less delays and reverbs for me, so i wanted to use my line6 m13 in the loop. (lo res and analog delay - both with tap tempo! - why has the kemper no tap tempo for the analog and the free delay as well? Isn't that a limitation to have that only with the tapdelay?) i also use the octo reverb and the particular reverb - i could not emulate them with the kemper reverb options.

So. Thats a problem of its own - the limitation on delay and reverb on the kemper. Sny hope to see there some new models in the future?

And the next problem is that i have connected the line6 m13 by 3 cable method. (guitar-m13-kemper-m13-kemper)
    Used the kemper input, send and return - but i have a highfrequenzy noise if the loop mono x-slot ist activated.

Used stereo jacks studio multicore cables and both - kemper and m13 are on the same power (phase).

Sorry for my bad english. Hope you can help me with the fizzy high noise problem connecting the m13 with the kemper.

Best regards, danny.

• Can confirm that the M13 has a very bad behaviour when connected via effect loop. Used it a while ago this way on a real amp and got crucial feedbacks and noises eben with all FX turned off. Same problem exists after changing the M13-Motherboard by Line6 due to another error. I finally sold all of my Line6-stuff (POD X3 Live, M13, Pedals) for the buggy electronics and the only average sounds. The Kemper FX-Loop (send/return) is one of the KPA-functions I got no errors so far. So I guess your problem is in the nature of the M13. I'm running the KPA every now and then FX-looped to an Axe-FX and got no problems at all.

• I suggested this answer, but with my fender amps and their serial fx loops i never had problems.

The problem for me now is, that these sounds are existential for my sound.

Any idea where to get these ambient kind of reverb and delay sounds with a better unit? (strymon timeline and bluesky?)

• As for question one:
    Read the reference manual (download) carefully. All three delays have the same sound color, but different use terms.

Question two: try two and three cables too. When does the noise chime in?
    Also check the ground lift buttons on the back.

• After a longer off-time - festival summer, you know - some news from my problem.

After checking everything at home - no problem.

Trying the same setup in our rehearsal room brings the noise again, so i guess its about our power-supply in this room.
    Ground lift buttons dont change anything, so next time i will try my palmer di-boxes.

or do you have any other tips for me?

• If this noise is definitely coming from the power source it might be helpful to run your components using different power-source-circuits if available in your room.