Searching for a good and defined fusion lead sound

• after a few days with the kemper I found very good clean sounds. I have good crnch sounds too but I did not find any good lead sounds. all the profiles I checked where much too heavy and trebly.

I am looking for something fusion like. a little holdsworth a little samtana a wnith a good attack stromg low mids and not fuzzy.smooth and fat.

Can somebody help with a good profile. I had a similar problem withvthecaxecfx. There I found the fractal model "fusion" which suited my needs.
    Please help!

• I recently found out, that the Lead Booster (pre stack) is a good tool. It creates something like a fixed Wah-sound and cuts some of the high frequencies. Check it out.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Hello, you'll probably find some rigs that nail this kind of sound with boogie rigs (fat basses and mids , defined highs ) . I use a mark IIc+ from Djemass & my own mesa subway blues for singing leads ( there is a short lead with the sub on this track at 2.40 ) adjust input sense and gain carefully and try the treble booster or lead booster as well as stated above) . I often reduce vol pot and treble on my neck PU for those leads.

Check the RE for djemass (2 great rigs) I will try to upload my modded mesa rig tonite ( I swapped the cab & tweaked EQ)

• They may be a little cleaner than what you're looking for but I've been having fun lately with a couple of Bogner Shiva profiles - Shiva clean 5 and Shiva clean 10 - from the Rig Exchange. If they're similar to what you want but not quite singing enough you could push them with a booster in one of the stomp slots.

Brian

• If lead sounds are to trebly and shrill, my fav quick fix is lowering the high shift just a tad in the cabinet parameters rather then playing with the tone stack or other EQ.

Lowering your guitar pot volume as Waraba suggested and increasing the amp gain is also good to try, I read many years ago Jeff Beck did this.

Happy Kempering :thumbup:

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• For these kind of middy tones a Boogie has to be profiled with the bass on 1, and it seems no one does that. On top of that, it's not possible to shove off the bass using the KPA tonestack because the kind of tone you're looking for has pre-gain tone controls, which interact with the amp gain stage during the profiling process. I'm subscribing to this thread because I'm interested in those tones too, and for anyone who owns a Boogie here's a starting point for a IIC+ or IIC+ mode: Gain 6-7, treble 7, mid 3-4, bass 1, presence 1.

• I tried the Shiva with Lead Booster with -2 and it helps. Then I put in the graphic eq and pushed the lower mids and added a little compression. Less gain and there you go. Perfect smooth and defined. It is alot of work to do but finally you got the sound. I wonder why most of the profiles are zu fuzzy thin, compressed and trebly. Thanks for the hints.

• You might also want to check out the Holdsworth rig from the rig pack Bill Rupert has just put up, won't be able to try it for a couple of days but the video sounds outrageously good. :thumbup:

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.