Dirty Shirley teaser.

• I just got this amp and I haven't spent enough time with it yet to know how to dial it in but I couldn't resist profiling it. So I threw an Audix i5 in front of it and hit profile. There are two profiles, both are exactly the same except one is using the high input and the other is using the low input.

Try it with some old Zepplin, AC/DC, Bad Co, etc. What do ya think, is this amp a keeper?

Just search for "Dirty Shirley" under Amp Profiles in the Rig Exchange...

Edited once, last by timowens ().

• Wow- very good profiles- very full, thick but still articulate. I just compared them with the Marshall rigs I gig with and I may use these tomorrow night- that's how much i like them! What mic did younuse to profile? Also I saw the cab is a 1x12 and it says Soundside- did you per chance do this at Armin's?

Thanks so much!

• Wow- very good profiles- very full, thick but still articulate. I just compared them with the Marshall rigs I gig with and I may use these tomorrow night- that's how much i like them! What mic did younuse to profile? Also I saw the cab is a 1x12 and it says Soundside- did you per chance do this at Armin's?

Thanks so much!

Thank you. I used an Audix i5 mic and the cab was my Avatar Vintage 112 Closed Back. I don't know why it says Armin except that I use his profiles (they are my favorite) so somehow his name got mixed in there.

BTW, the cab is loaded with a Scumback M75.

• Thank you. I used an Audix i5 mic and the cab was my Avatar Vintage 112 Closed Back. I don't know why it says Armin except that I use his profiles (they are my favorite) so somehow his name got mixed in there.

BTW, the cab is loaded with a Scumback M75.

Cool- I've heard quite a few i5 profiles that have been really good. I'll have to get one- I have a Port City 1x12 with an M75 in it- you're proving that it makes for a nice combination.

• I personally think these profiles are sick. This amp has great saturation which I think lets you get very close to the "brown sound". Friedman is a genius and you are a lucky man to have that amp. Thanks so much for sharing these!

Ps - these profiles have sick amounts of gain. I get the best sound by turning my guitar's volume knob down. If you have the time at all to do lower gain profiles too that would be really great. Thanks!

Edited once, last by hoth ().

• I personally think these profiles are sick. This amp has great saturation which I think lets you get very close to the "brown sound". Friedman is a genius and you are a lucky man to have that amp. Thanks so much for sharing these!

Ps - these profiles have sick amounts of gain. I get the best sound by turning my guitar's volume knob down. If you have the time at all to do lower gain profiles too that would be really great. Thanks!

Thanks Hoth, this is one of those amps that when you first plug into it and hit that first chord you know that there is something special going on. I planned on doing some more profiles this afternoon but we got hit by a pretty good monsoon storm so I had to unplug everything due to lightning in the area, maybe later this week if time permits.

• Great! The low input profile immediately became one of my favorites. It sounds great clean with my guitar's volume rolled off, distorted with the volume up full and everywhere in between.

Brian

• the Hi input, with boost on (pre and post- stack) is so thick and fat with my drop-B tuned LP (with hot 500T PU) ! I love it ! Thanks for these profiles !

I actually used the low input one for one song at a gig last night just for the hell of it. It worked well. Bass player cracked up at the Dirty Shirley name. Probably a bit too much gain for song I used but drunk people don't care!

I agree- some lower gain ones would be awesome Tim!

• Many thanks for the profiles! Would definitely like to see more profiles on the Dirty Shirley. It's a great amp I it knocked me out when I got to play a friend's a short time back. More, ... please.

• Thanks everyone, I will definitely be doing more profiles, it's just that work has been crazy this week so I haven't had time to do much of anything yet.

I'm in the same boat Tim- wish I had more time. I have a Chupacabra & a '72 50 watt Marshall with matching blackback 4x12 I've gotta profile yet!

Your Shirley is awesome!