Cool uses for the Pedal Jacks! (not just expression pedals)

• Since Version 2.0, MIDI has been improved IMHO on the Kemper. I started using my controller pedals plugged into my MIDI footswitch instead of directly to the Kemper. Then you can assign CC#s per patch - so one patch you can run a volume and wah, next patch is a volume and a pitch shift, etc. I had a slight hiccup with controller pedals being out of polarity with my Ground Control Pro, but I fixed that and it never was a Kemper issue, was a Ground Control Pro one.

So what's the big deal? Well, this frees up the Pedal 1 and 2 jacks on the back of the Kemper. You can use a momentary switching pedal to control everything from turning a tuner on to tap tempo to turning stomp boxes on, etc. One really neat setting is rig up/down. Not only does this make for a decent practice/jam setup (no midi necessary) you could also carry it in case there was an issue with your midi board or cable.

Here's another one I found that I didn't find documentation of - Kemper Reference Amp Hold. While you are profiling, have this setting 'on' and while you hold the footswitch down, it selects the Reference amp. Take your foot off, it goes back to Kemper. GREAT way to compare your reference amp with the Kemper Profiler hands free.

Pretty fun stuff. I like how even without MIDI you could still probably get through a gig with careful setting of the footswitch. Or augment a midi footswitch with extra IA buttons.