Atomic CLR - Matrix Q12 Is there a major difference?

• After a long and thorough search I purchased a Matrix GT1000FX amp and a Matrix Q12 speaker cab.

This AM, I received notification from Atomic that I have a shot period in which to purchase their speaker(s). In reality, I could use another speaker or two, but would like to know from anyone who has used both the Matrix and Atomic products whether there is a significant difference and which you prefer.

If I order the CLR, I will get two and use the Matrix as a back line.

Thanks

• Ingolf,

Thanks, and agreed.

I am almost tempted to order two just for "shits and giggles" to see how they compare. The fact is, I am very pleased with the Matrix Q12 and the only reason I would order the Atomic speaker(s) is that it is slightly less expensive and available here in the US with no import tax for Obama) :).

• I own a Matrix Q12a and can attest to its incredible sonic quality. It is loud, clear, and provides great feel. Plus, loud as it can get, it is the least fatiguing monitor I've ever heard. At rehearsals with my band, I set the Q12a at 50% and my Kemper's output at just over 50% and the Q12a cuts through our drummer's loud-ass playing on the harder rocking stuff we play.