Useless effects...

• All apologize and i leave the forum, it looks now like a FAS forum, not quite interesting for me.
    bybye

Whoah! Go cool down first and come back later. Couldn't hurt to to learn something about humour, too.
    You have gotten serious balanced answers from several users here although your question was far from neutral, implying there were indeed useless FX... Go figure!

• Reading your question again.... Did you mean:-

a) Which effects have no use

b) Which effects on the Kemper are not of sufficient quality to make you happy.

If you meant (b) then perhaps you are getting upset because everyone misunderstood your question.

If you meant (a) then I think you've had some fair answers already.

If you did mean 'which Kemper effects don't live up to expectations', my honest answer is that I don't 100% know yet as I'm only a few days in. But first impressions are:-

I've raised in another thread that the Fuzz sounds good but does not behave exactly like a vintage fuzz pedal. I've said that I prefer my actual rangemaster pedal (a home-made clone) to the software version in the Kemper but as I haven't tweaked that opinion may be unfair. I've also said that, so far, the mod effects are exceeding my expectations and that I really like the reverbs but a spring and plate would be nice.

So now I've answered two versions of your question :) Is this the way you meant it?

• The Axe Effect... Really... doesn't work for me.

:D
    MBA, relax... You must realise your comment about 'endorsed players' was a wee bit off.
    But stick around, your threads usually spark some decent debate. I don't know about 'useless' effects, I tend to see these as ones I've yet to master. Like the wave shapers, still getting there with those but I'm glad they're included - gives me something new to learn.

I might have thought the formant shift was useless...but then Bill showed me what could be done with this... ;)

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• For me a good lower gain setting/pedal is one that retains fullness and tonal integrity while providing less crunch, drive, or grit.
    When lowering the gain on a lot of pedals, you loose the "feel" of what attracted you to the pedal in the first place.
    Feel is not to be confused with gain or distortion.

• What do you mean by lower gain settings?

I like the GreenScream in the KPA - but even the lowest gain setting (0.0) creates much more gain than low gain settings on my tube screamers (I own some of them including vintage ones).

With the real TS can I add a little bit of dirt - the GreanScreamer @ 0.0 is more like the real one @ 12:00

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I like the GreenScream in the KPA - but even the lowest gain setting (0.0) creates much more gain than low gain settings on my tube screamers (I own some of them including vintage ones).

With the real TS can I add a little bit of dirt - the GreanScreamer @ 0.0 is more like the real one @ 12:00

I get correct and matching gain results here.
    Lately I even compared it to the OD808, same correct results.
    Can you create an audio clip of the differences?

• The Green Scream is not louder, but it has a wider level scheme, that is equal to all other stomp effects.
    By a single strike of the volume knob you get the same volume.

About the sound: We have improved the authenticity of the Green Scream in colaboration with a group of users. They have confirmed, that the sound and feel is equal now.
    They never stumbled over the different volume scaling btw.

I can hear - despite of the different volumes - that the sound of your TS is different, but I don't know the reason.

• GreemScream is way louder even when set to volume -5

I found the reason:
    'Clean Sense' seams to detect the stomp as well - did not notice it before - so when I like to have equal level I have to increase 'clean sense'.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de