Purchased Profiles Not Used Trading Policy

• Question - If I've purchased a profile pack of several amps and will not use certain amp package profiles (ie Fender Blues, AXE FX.....) would it be acceptable to offer up to others that have purchased packages that may want to trade as long as all profiles are removed from the computer and Kemper? I realize it's an honor system but if I paid money and someone else paid money and we wish to trade what do the people selling the profiles originally feel about this and why?

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• It´s a nice idea but probably not doable. The problem is that the rigs aren´t physical objects and have not DRM or any other system that would recognize if the same thing is now used on another kemper too. That makes it hard to really say that someone deleted all his profiles after trading them. That means you could end up with a bunch of people just giving each other commercial profiles while keeping the traded ones on a back up stick. So I don´t think it´s going to be acceptable but then again I´m not a seller, so I dont know what they think - however I think that this is probably what they will say too.

• It all boils down to ethics. We should feel the need to compensate the work of the profilers and to not share the profiles so that the next person compensates as well. With computer software, you do not own the software, you own a licence to use the software in the terms agreed upon in the EULA. I have not read all the fine print on the KEmper and paid profile sites, though I would be interested in knowing who has the right to say that they actually own a profile since it is a proprietary piece that everyone who owns a Kemper has equal rights to make and alter to their liking. Having said that it would also not be ethical to take a paid profile and alter it and then label it their own work of art to be able to share willingly either, so there definitely needs to be some distinction made between the two since there is (as far as im aware besides naming the profile) any digital signature one can attach to a profile to prove actual ownership or originality.

I have seen on other forums where members openly talk about "chipping in" for a pack and then sharing it. This kind of reminds me of back when the music industry only had albums and LPs for sale. Some people would pirate because they only wanted a couple songs so they felt no need to purchase an entire album. Then Itunes and similar came out and this rectified a lot of the problems with music industries ignorance to conform to customers needs. In a way the profiles are headed in the right direction by allowing single amp purchases instead of packs. It will still need further refinement in the near future to allow single profile purchases that are even cheaper and clips to demo them as well (I know there is clips now but not necessarily for all of them).

Basically what I am getting at is that profiles in themselves are a huge GAS and people will charge whatever people are willing to pay, but as more quality free ones flood the market, profile sellers will have to alter the selling models to conform to buyers needs and expectations in order to prevent sharing and pirating which will naturally occur just given past prescient with other products as the number of users grow.

Not trying to stir anything up here or offend anyone, just touching base on things that people should already know about or at least be aware of.

It all boils down to ethics. We should feel the need to compensate the work of the profilers and to not share the profiles so that the next person compensates as well.

Just to be clear I am talking about profiles I paid money for being traded for profiles someone else also paid for. I realize the potential for "Kempster" is going to be there (it's there now), but at least I'm asking about it openly to see what others might think......rather than under the cover of darkness. 8)

• Just to be clear I am talking about profiles I paid money for being traded for profiles someone else also paid for. I realize the potential for "Kempster" is going to be there (it's there now), but at least I'm asking about it openly to see what others might think......rather than under the cover of darkness. 8)

That was meant to be covered in the first post as well. The way I see it is that if we both want to buy a bundle each and and split them with each other, it is not much different than buying a pack of red marbles and a pack of blue marbles and end up each having half blue and half red.

The problem with digital stuff is that there is no way of knowing if you actually split them between buyers or they all have a complete set. So they just say no to sharing from the get go.

That is just my interpretation of the ethics. IMO, I would be more worried about advertising and selling creation and ownership of (insert amp brand) genuine authentic sound without compensation to amp company than what were to happen if you sold your Kemper that was loaded with paid profiles.

There is just too many angles to see this from. I myself would like to think nothing wrong with me buying pack 1 and you buying pack 2 and we both end up with two packs and getting the ones we want out of the deal.

• ...... I myself would like to think nothing wrong with me buying pack 1 and you buying pack 2 and we both end up with two packs and getting the ones we want out of the deal.

I share the same point of view.

• Some people make profiles and share it, some people make profiles and sell it.

Wondering when the first kipr- files will show up in filesharing communities.Which- of course- would be unethical.

• Some people buy the sound of a 5000 Euro amp for 7.50 Euro and still spend 100 Euro worth of time to think about ways to cut it down to 3.75 Euro.

Just sayin' ... and the thoughts are free.

+1, Overall I think it´s just not fair towards the sellers. They put some real effort in them and the prices are very fair.

• +1, Overall I think it´s just not fair towards the sellers. They put some real effort in them and the prices are very fair.

I don't think ethics on the compensation for the profilers is an issue here or this thread would not exist. Pricing is only half the issue as well. Basically if you want more than a couple amps, the value of a pack is where we end up on value alone. The other half is selection. Packs are still way better than cable tiers where you would buy 5 packs and get 6 decent channels. The fact is though that we still end up with amps not used and could be swapped with others who have the same thing with their packs.

In a nut shell, its a passive way of saying the sharing is already present on the net and having custom packs with pack value would eliminate a lot of that. We want these professional profilers to succeed that is why we offer our opinions to help keep customers happy instead of going underground and waiting for the profile Netflix to emerge.

Cheesy analogy, but it should get the point accross.

• But wouldn´t the next logical step be that the profiles will be sold in SINGLE profiles? Which to me would be a great thing. I´ve bought packs and out of 10 profiles I ended up with 2 that I actually could use. I realize that it would be a lot of work to get the sound samples for every single profile but that would make it a lot easier and more efficient for us buyers, wouldn´t it?

• Problem is you wont know what works till you try them. Even soundcloud clips only give you an idea of the sound. There are just too many variables between people and gear.

IF someones on a budget and says I'm gonna buy xyz profile and tweak it till it works, that is an option. If another person says I want to have a bunch of new high gain sounds they are probably going to want pack value instead of playing a profile lottery.

• Yeah you´re absolutly right. I still think it would be a great option if the sellers would actually sell their profiles as single-profiles and additional in a pack - for those who want to buy the whole pack right away. But maybe thats gonna happen soon...

• Basically what you're asking for is a way to get exactly what you want for a cheaper price or more of what you exactly need for the same price. While that's fine from your point of view, it makes calculation much more difficult for the profilers. We don't even know about the agreements between the profilers and those who give them the amps. And if they open up their system for 100% customizable rig selection, they might spend more time in office accounting than organizing, profiling and finetuning the good stuff.

Just some food for thought. :)

• Basically what you're asking for is a way to get exactly what you want for a cheaper price or more of what you exactly need for the same price. While that's fine from your point of view, it makes calculation much more difficult for the profilers. We don't even know about the agreements between the profilers and those who give them the amps. And if they open up their system for 100% customizable rig selection, they might spend more time in office accounting than organizing, profiling and finetuning the good stuff.

Sure, it has up´s and downs but - at least from my point of view - it would be nice to only pay for what I can actually use in the end instead of buying a profile pack for 15 bucks and only being able to use 3 or 4 out of the 20 profiles in there. But I absolutly get your point!

• Yeah you´re absolutly right. I still think it would be a great option if the sellers would actually sell their profiles as single-profiles and additional in a pack - for those who want to buy the whole pack right away. But maybe thats gonna happen soon...

It will happen as soon as someone else does it and forces others to do the same to compete.

Basically what you're asking for is a way to get exactly what you want for a cheaper price or more of what you exactly need for the same price. While that's fine from your point of view, it makes calculation much more difficult for the profilers. We don't even know about the agreements between the profilers and those who give them the amps. And if they open up their system for 100% customizable rig selection, they might spend more time in office accounting than organizing, profiling and finetuning the good stuff.

TO say I want one profile from each amp would be unreasonable given the time required to set up and profile sellable ones. What is reasonable is to say that instead of me buying the 8 amps in pack 1, let me pick 8 amps for the pack price. This 1. Makes the buyer happy and 2. Lets the sellers know exactly what sells the best and they can dedicate their time more efficiently to making products that sell. Surely it is safe to say that eventually every amp out there will be requested, but it is still up to them which amps are profitable.

ITs not only amps we need to consider. It is genre and usage. More popular sellers would be more likely to get redone in multi amp or Mic or other technique as well.

• My biggest gripe is not being able to try it on before buying. I've bought packs/bundles of amps but for whatever reasons, I can't use ANY of the profiles. Now I've paid for this product I won't use because I didn't know what I was getting until I got it in my hands and by then it's too late if you aren't satisfied.