Forum Attachments!?

• I just noticed, that it's possible to attach files in the public forums. Not sure if this is a new feature or if I just missed it before.

May I ask you guys to enable attachments for the private forums as well? And to increase the file size limit to for example 500KB (or even more)? I think this way it's much easier to attach pictures and small (zipped) audio samples for bug reports or general user help & tutorials.

Cheers,
    Martin

• thanks for bringing this up. as it turns out, we had to disable upload in the public forum as well - it was never mend to be enabled. the reason behind it is: that we cannot police this board to a degree which would allow us to ensure that no illegal content is being uploaded. thanks for your understanding. links of course work, so if you would like to share something, you can cross link to a dropbox for instance. and if there's something which is interesting enough i'm sure a Mod will upload it for you. a good way to share audio examples is soundcloud which can be embedded.
    best, gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Thanks for the feedback. I understand your reasons although it's (obviously) inconvenient for us users. I don't even know if it helps in a legal way if users embed copyright content from external sources instead of actually uploading it to Kemper's server.

• Thanks for the feedback. I understand your reasons although it's (obviously) inconvenient for us users. I don't even know if it helps in a legal way if users embed copyright content from external sources instead of actually uploading it to Kemper's server.

you might be right. the whole thing is such a can of worms that we just try to minimize the chance. we are aware that this solution is not the most convenient one for our users.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here