Atomic CLR = Sonic bliss !!!

• Jay and Tom are laughing their asses of and filling their pockets.
    If that is deserved?

So what's wrong with that?
    Tom has been working on Atomic amps/speakers for many years, now he has a great product that's selling well, of course he deserves to be making money.

• So what's wrong with that?
    Tom has been working on Atomic amps/speakers for many years, now he has a great product that's selling well, of course he deserves to be making money.

I'm with Guitartone on this one. I own one of there cabs and I'm very pleased with the product. I don't see them "laughing their asses of (sic)". I see two hardworking guys that made a good product and provide good service. I

• Because of a few misrepresentations in this thread of my positions on various issues, I registered here to clear the air. Here are a few facts:

1. I have had hands-on experience with a kpa, and I have been publicly complimentary of its sound and feel. The fact that it is not my chosen tool does not mean that I see it in a negative light.

2. Because I am not a kpa owner, it would make little sense for me to actively participate in this forum. For that matter, I do not participate in the manufacturer's forum for the modeling device that I presently use, and I do not see that device or its manufacturer in an unambiguously positive light. The point is that I am not an advocate of any specific modeling approach over any other (IOW, I am nobody's "fanboy").

3. I do not promote my designs on any public forum.

4. Neither Tom nor I have ever taken the position that the CLR is the optimum monitoring solution for everyone.

One of the participants who is making unfounded accusations in this thread does the same thing in a variety of Internet forums. He has been banned from two that I know of for this behavior, and participants in other forums have noted that he appears to have a major grudge against Tom King and myself.

Hopefully those reading this will understand that I do not intend to become an active participant here. Hopefully you will also recognize that I am uniquely qualified to answer questions about my designs, including the CLR, and that doing so is not promotion.

• Yep, if anyone would speak the truth of course it would be the manufactor.
    He would have no reason at all to say otherwise.
    He would have no reason at all to withhold stuff that could hurt the reputation of his product.....

• Yep, if anyone would speak the truth of course it would be the manufactor.
    He would have no reason at all to say otherwise.
    He would have no reason at all to withhold stuff that could hurt the reputation of his product.....

Man, what's your problem? Seriously :thumbdown: I have never tried an Atomic CLR and can't say anything about it and to me it feels like the same applies for you. You haven't contributed any valuable input here. You just came around bashing stuff and that's about it so I suggest you calm down and either give us some insight why you think this product is so bad or just get lost.

• Man, what's your problem? Seriously :thumbdown: I have never tried an Atomic CLR and can't say anything about it and to me it feels like the same applies for you. You haven't contributed any valuable input here. You just came around bashing stuff and that's about it so I suggest you calm down and either give us some insight why you think this product is so bad or just get lost.

Where did I ever say that Atomic was bad? Where did I ever bash Atomic?

Yes I have tried the CLR. And the newest from Xitone and Matrix.

And if you would believe the prof sound guys I tried them with, there is no noticable difference at all.

All 3 are exellent speakers. And way ahead of anything ells in their pricerange and a good bit above.

But posting a "Rewiev" based on comparing it with a 2nd grade speaker is simply to low.

The only reason Atomic is so hyped is because they pay off people to write rewievs like this, and the 2 others dont I guess.

That is what I have a problem with.

• + 1000000000 to mullassiff

To the others:
    As I stated before: do not believe all the hype crap. This might cure your GAS. Use your own ears and choose what you like.
    But do not enforce your protective opinion on me or others. If you like them enjoy! But there are others that do NOT like them or find them to expensive for what you get.
    And ask your self why most of the moderators from FAS got them first. Bingo... to make rewievs and start the hype. Thats how it is done and how it works. Shocking isn't it?

My personal opinion: Cubical speakers on a pole are for Drive in Shows. But that is just me.....The same with French cars I do not like them. Nothing personal or bashing just my opinion. And for some that is enough to bann you from forums. BTW why are Jay and Tom no moderators anymore at FAS? That question has never been answered. But who cares.

• maybe all those offtopic posts should be deleted (including this one as well of course :D ) so that people can discuss the review and stay on topic.

this is such a nice trollfree board which is very rare unfortunately. Would be a pity if this would start to change.

• Your mention of my review being based on a comparison to a second grade monitor ( I assume you are hinting at the RCF NX-10SMA ) is stupid at best as:
    a) The RCF is a very nice monitor, and in the price range of the CLR - in Europe the CLR is actually cheaper than the RCF so a comparison is fair and natural
    b) I clearly stated that I have a lot of experience using top dollar monitors from companies such as Martin Audio, L-Acoustics and D&B, so the review is also based on that experience.....or did I misunderstand you and what you really meant to say is that those are 2nd grade monitors ????
    c) In the review we put the CLRs head to head with a set of very respected top end Adam studio monitors costing more than 150% of the CLR - are they 2nd grade ???

Also I dare you

1. Show me where Jay was not truthful in his post

2. Provide proof to back up your accusations of paid for reviews as they are serious

If you can't do both, you should put a sock in it and stop making an a§§ out of yourself.
    Anybody with a minimum of cerebral perfussion can see you for what you are, and see through what your doing here.

• "Yep, if anyone would speak the truth of course it would be the manufactor."

I am not the "manufactor."

Before making accusations, you would be wise to verify the underlying assumptions on which they are based. Your assumptions are wrong, ergo your accusations - in addition to being patently false - are misdirected....

Hey Gianfranco

Are you the Gianfranco that used to be on the Fractal forum ??
    We used to talk a little via PM over there and I wondered where you'd been, but now I know :)
    Hope all is well with you and you are enjoying the KPA.
    I'll PM you next time I go to Rome to visit my family or to play a concert and perhaps we can meet up for a jam, dinner or a glass of good vino rosso.
    Take care
    RB

• I don't understand the controversy, the available FRFR-cabs are very similar, f.e. Atomic, Matrix or the German company kpa-solutions. Because taste and ears are VERY different, everybody should buy what's best for him. I bought the active Matrix Q12a and I'm happy with it, very solid construction and a great sound for 1x12". In my studio I use Klein & Hummel-monitors (the company was recently bought by Neumann), live my Kemper is going straight into the desk, because I'm playing with in ears (UE-11 Pro) anyway. For smaller gigs without in ears or for rehearsals I'm using the Q12a. And if I want to kill people I'm using my Marshall Plexi.... ;)

What doesn't make any sense: comparing FRFR-systems with high quality studio monitors, FRFR-cabs like Atomic are constructed to act like a "real" guitar-cab, studio-monitors should be as linear as possible and give a detailed picture of all instruments and audio-sources. Nearfield-monitors are built for producing and mixing, not for cranking up guitars.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de