Dirty Shirley – Take Two

• Dirty Shirley – Take Two
    Here are some more profiles of the Friedman Dirty Shirley, this time with a Celestion Vintage 30 speaker. I was running short on time this time so I only profiled the amp with the Audix i5 microphone. There are 20 profiles total so I put them in DropBox. Essentially, I profiled the amp with different gain settings. Gain 1 through 10 with both the low and high inputs, and with an Audix i5 mic.

The profiles are named like this: “DS-L i5 05 V30”
    DS = Dirty Shirley
    L = Low Input or H = High Input
    i5 = Audix i5 microphone
    05 = Gain at 5 or 08 = Gain at 8
    V30 = Celestion Vintage 30 speaker

The tone controls were like this:
    Presence = 5
    Bass = 5
    Mid = 8
    Treble = 6
    Master = 2

The files are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0iseqdevhnc6zlr/rj1isQ8hOZ
    Please let me know what you think.

• I posted this thread before I even listened to the profiles. I have since compared the profiles to the last profiles that I did with the Scumback M75 speaker, I'm pretty sure that I prefer the M75 over the V30. But what I found interesting is that "in the room" the speakers sound much more different than they sound in the profiles, I suspect that this is because the V30 seems to be more efficient (louder) than the M75. When I compared the speakers through the real amp I kind of liked the V30, but all things equal, I prefer the M75.

• Interesting Tim- thanks so much for your work on these- you're making me buy an i5

Thanks man! Yes, the i5 is a really good mic for the money, I actually got the idea to try it from samtheman's demos on TGP, I couldn't believe the tone he was getting out of one dynamic mic, of course he's one of those guys who can get a killer tone out of a Pignose amp, but that's besides the point.