Power Rack Question

• When playing live/rehearsing, I'm a little confused about the Cabinets. If I'm plugged into my Marshall 1960 A 4x12 shouldn't the cabinet sim be off? I can hear the cabs change when browse through the different ones. Is there a way to turn em all off going into my real cabinet, and have them on when going into a PA or FOH...

Thanks

• Hi !

You can disable the cabs off at the output section 3/5 ( Monitor cab off ). The main outputs will still send the full signal ( with cab ). :)

I tried disabling the monitor outs. But I have the power rack version. I'm not going out of the monitor out at all. I'm going out of the speaker out a feature I think only on the powered versions (not sure) and I can hear the sounds change in my 4x12. Its not that it sounds bad I just think it might sound better with no cab since I'm running through a real cab, but like I still want the cabinet on to the mains out...

thanks

• you only turn the cab sim off when running out of the 'monitor out' into a cabinet. This is so you can have more of an amp/cabinet feel while monitoring. The main out still has the cabinet and amp profile running to FOH. Let me know if that answers your question. Listen with and without the cab and see what you prefer. The monitor out into a cab (via power amp) was to provide the option to turn off the cab sim. It's up to your preference though. I use cab off when running that way since the speaker cabinet I'm running into has its own character.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• you only turn the cab sim off when running out of the 'monitor out' into a cabinet. This is so you can have more of an amp/cabinet feel while monitoring. The main out still has the cabinet and amp profile running to FOH. Let me know if that answers your question. Listen with and without the cab and see what you prefer. The monitor out into a cab (via power amp) was to provide the option to turn off the cab sim. It's up to your preference though. I use cab off when running that way since the speaker cabinet I'm running into has its own character.

Right. But, I'm refering to the Speaker Output of the Power Amp/Power rack, not the monitor. So it creates a problem. Its the same thing sound wise, but what I'm saying is, since its using the 600 watt digital power section to go into cabinet from the "speaker output" when I turn off/on the "cabinet monitor on/off" all of the cabinets are still on and coming out of my 4x12....

Theres gotta be a fix for this. Thanks

• Ok you might have to describe your connections. My connections are as follows: Run the monitor out of the Kemper into the powerhead/amp. You then run the powerhead/amp into the cabinet. I would set the master volume knob up to control your monitor volume so you can adjust it as needed. You connect your XLR or Main out 1/4" to FOH. When you switch cab off then the cabinet profile is no longer running through your monitor out (amp & cabinet) but it is running through the FOH. If you have it set up differently just describe it and we can see what might be going on.

Use the XLR Main Outputs to send your signal to the FOH mixing console, and use the dedicated Monitor Outputs to feed your poweramp and cabinet with a signal that bypasses the cabinet simulation.

• I mis read and could not find adequate info on the powerhead option. I've used it with a power amp but not the kemper powerhead. I was referencing the camplifier and not the kemper version. Sorry.

• Right. But, I'm refering to the Speaker Output of the Power Amp/Power rack, not the monitor. So it creates a problem. Its the same thing sound wise, but what I'm saying is, since its using the 600 watt digital power section to go into cabinet from the "speaker output" when I turn off/on the "cabinet monitor on/off" all of the cabinets are still on and coming out of my 4x12....

Theres gotta be a fix for this. Thanks

I think you should contact Kemper and open a support ticket. Afaik the signal sent via monitor out and speaker are the same. Did you try to connect something to the monitor out and check if the same thing happens with the monitor out?

• Don't know how the Power Rack is exactly designed, but on the non-powered Toaster there's a Cabinet Button within the stack section. Turn it off and lock it. This way the cab-sim is disabled for all outputs and (because it's locked) for all profiles you'll load.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Hallo
    Sorry but my englisch is not the yellow of the egg.
    Just read the f*****g manual ;)
    be shure that you have activated the cab driver mode!
    Anleitung:

Die optionale eingebaute Endstufe ermöglicht den direkten Anschluss von 8 oder 16 Ohm Gitarrenboxen, sowie passiven linearen Lautsprechern. Sie ist intern mit dem Monitor Output verbunden, so dass alle Möglichkeiten
    des Monitor Outputs auch für die Endstufe zur Verfügung stehen. Mehr Informationen dazu finden
    sie im Kapitel “Output” in dieser Anleitung.
    Wenn sie eine normale Gitarrenbox verwenden wollen, aktivieren sie den “CabDriver”-Modus, in dem sie “MonitorCabOff” im Master/Output-Menü anklicken. Im CabDriver-Modus wird die Cabinet Simulation für den Monitor Output abgeschaltet, während an den Main Outputs das Signal mit Cabinet Simulation zum Mischpult geschickt wird. Der Monitor Output kann weiterhin verwendet werden und bietet das gleiche Signal
    das zur Endstufe geschickt wird.

In Englisch:

The optional built-in power amplifier allows you to connect your Kemper Profier to all kinds of 8 or 16 Ohm guitar cabinets, as well as passive linear cabinets. It is internally cabled to the Monitor Output, so you can use all the features of the Monitor Output for the power amplifier as well. Please refer to the “Output” chapter of this manual for more detailed information.
    If you intend to drive a guitar speaker cabinet, remember to activate our “CabDriver” algorithm, by setting “MonitorCabOff” in the Master/Output menu. CabDriver bypasses the cabinet simulation for the Monitor Output, while the Main Outputs feed the full studio sound to the main mixing desk of the live venue. The Monitor Output is still available and will carry the same signal that is fed to the power amp.

Wer lesen kann is klar im Vorteil!

Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten.

Edited 2 times, last by hanswurst6100: hab ein g vergessen! ().

• I just got the PowerProfiler myself... From page 27 of the updated basic user manual:

------------
    If you intend to drive a guitar speaker cabinet, remember to activate our “CabDriver” algorithm, by setting “MonitorCabOff” in the Master/Output menu. CabDriver bypasses the cabinet simulation for the Monitor Output, while the Main Outputs feed the full studio sound to the main mixing desk of the live venue. The Monitor Output is still available and will carry the same signal that is fed to the power amp.

You will find more settings for the power amplifier on the dedicated page of the Master/Output menu:
    -------------

That should get you all fixed up. Hope it helps!