Profiling an Ethos Overdrive pedal

• I don't have a KPA, but I'm seriously interested in buying one in the near future.

I have an Ethos Overdrive preamp (essentially a Dumble in a box). I could probably profile my favorite setting from that correct? It has a speaker sim out the would impart some cab like tones without the need to mic an amp.

Have people experimented with profiling just OD pedals? How did it turn out?
    Can you run the KPA into the front end of a tube amp like a pedal? So you can get different flavors of OD/distortion going in to the amp? I know you can profile the amp with the OD as part of the chain, or run pedals in front of the KPA like a traditional setup, but I wonder if it's possible to create a bank of ODs that you can drive a tube amp with?

• I really want to try this since I both own a KPA and Ethos Classic, judging from Will's reply then I'm thinking that my result wouldn't be that far off from his. However somebody may have an idea on how to combine Ethos and Till's cab in one profile. Is this possible? I'm thinking that maybe the missing link in profiling an overdrive is the cab. Sorry for being noob and lazy :)

• I really want to try this since I both own a KPA and Ethos Classic, judging from Will's reply then I'm thinking that my result wouldn't be that far off from his. However somebody may have an idea on how to combine Ethos and Till's cab in one profile. Is this possible? I'm thinking that maybe the missing link in profiling an overdrive is the cab. Sorry for being noob and lazy :)

Create profiles of the Ethos with and without its internal cab sim then switch the profile's cab to a Tills cab. If you'll be changing cabs you might get better results with the Ethos cab sim and you might get better results direct, best to experiment.