When to Backup?

• I just got the KPA and upgraded to the latest software. My question is, should I do a backup to the USB stick? or is that only once I've added some rigs and tweeks? Thanks

• Hi it's easy : as often as you can ...

mandatory :

before upgrading the KPA OS
    during / after a successful profiling session
    after tweaking your rigs to the death

optional :

once you sorted out the 50 rigs you just downloaded.

Be sure to extract those backups to another safe place ( your PC / mac / phone ) also keep numerous backups on your USB token if one is corrupted.

I try to backup every 15 days , just to be sure.

• Backup to the stick and copy the backup to your computer. USB sticks are great and reliable, but they can get lost, accidentally washed in the laundry, be accidentally overwritten, etc. It is wise to have your backups of ANYTHING stored in more than one place, ideally in more than one building, in case of fire or theft.

• I have the 32gb usb stick, do I just back it up on that or put on my conputer too? sorry for any stupid questions, thanks for all the time on this.

Unless I missed a recent change, the Kemper formats only a 3GB volume regardless of the larger size of your flash drive. Save that nice 32GB stick for something that can use the space, and get a smaller stick for your Kemper.

It certainly wont hurt to copy the contents of your Kemper backup stick to your computer once in a while, just in case...

• A relative Save Solution to Backup your Files is to Save them to PCs And separately to an online Storage like dropbox Or copy
    Them it's mit a Problem if your House burn Down ;) :D

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett