Factory Rigs are fine with me

• I notice most people don't like the rigs that come with the Kemper preloaded as I do. I really think there is a huge difference with the guitar being used and what we listen thru that make us hear various things among other variables.

I was very pleased with many of the Factory rigs right off the bat. I was extremely grateful that my ears heard Bell like qualities to single note runs, and just made my playing/practicing so much more fun...

I have some of Andy's and Soundside, and they are great, but I really cant say for my ears that the Factory rigs are not up to Par.. As a matter of fact, some are excellent to me.. However, the ones I like on my Parker Fly, I may not like on my PRS SE245 , and vice versa.

Which brings me to this....The strangest phenomenon is that no matter what modeler I have ever used, past or present, I could love a particular patch one day, and two days later, it does not sound as good to me... I chalk this up to various things, but it is a very frustrating experience. I always thought it was a "poor power quality" issue , then maybe humidity levels ,and / or temperature differences, and maybe how my mood is at the time... But in any event, I was (and still am ) very pleased with the Kemper sounds.. My ony beef is I love to have an Editor on my PC , and I wish the USB could turn this into an audio interface ... But I can live with those things , because I find tones easily to Enjoy :thumbup:

• I agree, ere are many great profiles already on there.
    I find the KPA to be very sensitive to which guitar I've got plugged in too.

This is also true with "conventional amps".
    Record ten different D.I. from 10 different guitars, switch back and forth and you'll notice how different pick ups can sound, even the same pick ups configurations on different guitars. Thus is even before bringing the player into the equation.

• I have been tempted (trainwreck, Gilmours Hi Watt) but have never purchased any commercial profiles, I'm not cheap, just never felt the need. There are so many good ones and the so so ones can be tweaked to your ears once you are at ease with the parameters.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• In the earliest days of the Kemper, the factory selection was pretty limited and the commercial stuff filled a pretty large gap. With the factory pack expansions things are much, much better. But I still have some key favs from TAF that I felt were worth every penny.