pedal approach with FCB1010 UNO

• Hey
    Just landed the FCB1010 with UNO chip.
    I need to decide on a a sensible pedal setup for the top row so I can slap on the decals.

A: GATE- really effective for hi gain profiles.
    B: Green Screamer
    C: WAH or pitch shift
    D:
    X: EQ
    Mod
    Delay
    Reverb

There's only 5 pedals to assign. 10 was assigned to tempo tap- that has to change (if I can figure it out)
    Looking at my list I may go for the 5 pedals:
    B: Green Screamer
    D: Phaser?
    Mod: Boost? MicroPitch?
    Delay
    Reverb

Does that make sense? Just thinking out loud here...anyone else's approach or thoughts would be appreciated

• It's very easy to over think this. Looking at your original post, I would say assign the gate on a per patch basis. I can't think of an instance where I'd want to switch a gate in or out. The wah can be controlled by the expression pedal using settings in the KPA so both of those can be left out. There's not many instances where I'd want to switch reverb in and out unless I was using it as a special effect so, I'd be thinking OD, Boost/eq, mod, pitch & delay but your needs may differ.

• What are people using for mid cable? The only dual cable I found is about 10 feet which is quite short (looks like the same one as the pic ^)
    Should I just buy 2 singles at 20-30 feet and duck tape it up?

• What are people using for mid cable? The only dual cable I found is about 10 feet which is quite short (looks like the same one as the pic ^)
    Should I just buy 2 singles at 20-30 feet and duck tape it up?

That's what I had to do, Ray. It's that or splurge for a pedalsnake.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• I have a couple of FCB1010s but haven't had a chance to sit down and figure out a 'setup'.

Can you choose what you want switch 1 to 9 to do?
    In other words, can the 5 switches on the bottom row be set to...Compressor, Tube Screamer, Boost, Vibe, Chorus, and then the top row, 6/7/8/9 be, for example, EQ, Delay, Reverb?

Can one expression pedal be permanently enabled as a Wah and the second expression always a volume pedal?

• Hi,

with uno4kemper you can assign the switches on the FCB to the Kemper funktions (A, B, C, D ...) as you want and it's really easy.
    For sure you can use the expression-pedals for wah und volume always. you can use the expression-pedal also for other things linke "Pitch Shifter" .....
    (is described in the manuals)

I think it's the best solution for less money today. (lets see what the kemper pedal will bring)

greetz
    pezi1707 :D:D

KPA-Rackversion with Line6 Powercab 112
    :thumbup: :love: :thumbup:

• Can you choose what you want switch 1 to 9 to do?
    In other words, can the 5 switches on the bottom row be set to...Compressor, Tube Screamer, Boost, Vibe, Chorus, and then the top row, 6/7/8/9 be, for example, EQ, Delay, Reverb?

You can assign slots freely BUT one row, either bottom or upper row, will do rig switch and the other slot switch.

Can one expression pedal be permanently enabled as a Wah and the second expression always a volume pedal?

Yes.

• You can assign slots freely BUT one row, either bottom or upper row, will do rig switch and the other slot switch.

Yes.

Thanks...Hmmm?...I didn't realise that's how it works.

I would have preferred 7 Switches for Pedals and FX switching and 3 Switches for Rig switching...in other words to use the FCB as a virtual pedalboard.

• I have a couple of FCB1010s but haven't had a chance to sit down and figure out a 'setup'.

Can you choose what you want switch 1 to 9 to do?

Absolutely, the FCB1010 is very flexible. However, there are some limits regarding how the unit displays what you've programmed into the unit. Here are a few ideas of how you can use the unit.

1. Stomp mode offers one row dedicated to CC control to switch on/off effects and the other to PC to switch rigs. With the combination of how the CC switches act and the lock cabability of Kemper effects, you can persist effects (and the toggle state on the FCB) between rigs. With the effects locked which your controlling with the FCB, you get operation like a 5 channel amp with 5 stomp boxes.

2. Regular mode offers 10 fully assignable stomps to control what ever you want. Best practice is assigning it to control 10 different rigs. However, if you want a single amp but controlling all 8 effects slots and tap mode, you can do it here. The caveat is that the switches do not persist state. Meaning if you step on a patch programmed to just turn on an OD the led illuminates but if you step on another switch which is only assigned to a CC change, it will engage but the OD won't turn off and the led will disengage. However, if you think a bit about it if you have a rehearsed set this mode makes the most sense as you can program it to do some very complex switching vastly eliminating the tap dancing required in stomp mode to enable multiple effects at once.

3. I've not used direct input mode, but it allows you to enter the program number and directly access it (ie step on 1 then 3 to send PC change 13).

• Hey

Say I'm in bank1 slot3. When I hit the bank up, it automatically brings me bank2 slot3.
    Is there a way to make it stays in "ready" position, select your bank and slot, then press something to engage? I would think that would be the default. Thanks in advance!!!

• Hey

Say I'm in bank1 slot3. When I hit the bank up, it automatically brings me bank2 slot3.
    Is there a way to make it stays in "ready" position, select your bank and slot, then press something to engage? I would think that would be the default. Thanks in advance!!!

I assume your talk performance mode no it wont "READY"

In fact there a some request's to kemper that when you switch to a new performance's it should default to the first Slot of the new performance.