Babyface + SPDIF issues

• Hello!

I've been trying to connect the SPDIF to the RME Babyface however there's no signal. The RME unit should automatically pick up digital signals - one thing I've noticed is that while I'm connecting the SPDIF to the back of the Kemper, and I lightly touch the connections there's some signal going to the Babyface (not a proper one but an attempt to sync) but once I've connected the lead properly nothing whatsoever.

I'm using a converter as the Babyface has an Optical in, however this set up worked fine with my old Elevenrack which is why I'm unsure if it's a cabling problem. Has anyone else experienced this at all?

Many thanks in advance

• I had the same issue with a BF. Half insert the TOSlink cable into the BF and I'd sometimes get a signal, insert it fully and nothing.

It was the converter, one of those generic cheapos from eBay.

• I had the same issue with a BF. Half insert the TOSlink cable into the BF and I'd sometimes get a signal, insert it fully and nothing.

I had the same issue with a BF. Half insert the TOSlink cable into the BF and I'd sometimes get a signal, insert it fully and nothing.

I had the same issue with a BF. Half insert the TOSlink cable into the BF and I'd sometimes get a signal, insert it fully and nothing.

The convertor is definately one of those generic cheapo silver plastic ones - my problem is I get the semi-signal while connecting the coax to the Kemper. The problem I have is that trouble shooting it means buying new leads/ convertors etc. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Thanks for all the responses everyone, much appreciated to get such quick replies

• Yeah, the trouble shooting is annoying and mildly expensive but I'd begin with the converter.

People do tend to quote me often. :D

I'm gonna quote you again - you were damn right about the convertor, bought a good quality 2-way converter and it's working perfectly :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Yep, same here, although I was a little miffed the 2 way is either/or and not both together. I'm just glad I decided to try a new converter before anything else. :) It's obvious, I suppose. We spend a small fortune on everything else and then get the cheapest box to allow them to communicate. Lessons learned, eh.