New power rack owner

• Hi there! Just recieved my Kemper Profiler Power Rack a couple days ago, and so far I'm blown away! I'm in the process of learning the machine, but hope to have it integrated into my live rig by the end of the month. Im currently gigging the Digitech GSP 1101, and will most likely use it in the effects loop of the Kemper and as a midi controller with the Control 2 footswitch. I'm also deciding what 4x12 cab to use with it. Currently using B52 cabs, but have my eye on a Framus Dragon with greenbacks, A Marshall 1960 or a Boogie Recto Traditional.

I really had my eye on the Axe FX of course, but after a seeing a few people using them, i was not blown away! I know both devices are only as good as the guy writing the presets, but after I started looking closer at the Kemper it seemed like the learning curve was much easier. And there are a pile of GREAT tones in the thing already and on the exchange. The only issues I forsee are dialing it in with the band sonically, and controlling it effectively in a live application. Once I have a selection of tones ready, and have the switching configured, I can take it to the studio and play along with board mixes from the shows to dial it in fully. I am super excited about having all these great tones at my disposal! Any live advice/experience/input welcomed! Thanks!

• Welcome

It's tempting to have GAS for other gear once you get the Kemper. I would recommend trying out some different cabs and also some full range PA speakers like the DXR 10/12 or a Matrix or CLR if you find one before you buy. It's relatively easy to make lots of different gear work but you never know what you will like best unless you try some different ones first.

Enjoy

• I can definitely see that. I do have a pair of full range speakers, but I'm going for light and simple. We are on in ear monitors, so the cab is just to be mic'd. One DI line and one mic is the goal. And all in live in road cases for quick set up and tear down.

• I can definitely see that. I do have a pair of full range speakers, but I'm going for light and simple. We are on in ear monitors, so the cab is just to be mic'd. One DI line and one mic is the goal. And all in live in road cases for quick set up and tear down.

Hi and welcome. In this case you don't need a cah at all...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• also some full range PA speakers like the DXR 10/12 or a Matrix or CLR if you find one before you buy.

Why would anyone with a Poweramp Kemper want to use "FRFR"...why waste the money?
    Have you played the Kemper Poweramp through a real cab, it's friggen amazing!!! :thumbup:

• Its a versatility thing really. Run a DI and mic a cab. Blend them, or choose whats best for the room. And we are a 2 guitar band and the other guitarist uses cabs, I have to maintain some crowd facing stage volume. And our sound guys are very much into mics rather than DI, so I'll at least give it a go.

• Why would anyone with a Poweramp Kemper want to use "FRFR"...why waste the money?
    Have you played the Kemper Poweramp through a real cab, it's friggen amazing!!! :thumbup:

Its not really about buying anything. It is more for new users to see how the Kemper behaves through different equipment. It may even save money if they end up liking FRFR better and could have saved money from cab. But I don't know what people will prefer, that's why the recommendations to try first.