Profiles jumping around in Performance Mode

• EDIT: I found the problem - see current post.

I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what.

Several weeks ago I set up my first 5 slots in Bank 1 of Performance mode. It was fast and easy. Today I tried copying and pasting some of my rigs from Bank 1 to Bank 2. Basically, I was trying to copy each slot from Bank 1 to its corresponding slot in Bank 2. I was then going to make some small adjustments to each profile in Bank 2. However, when I tried out the Bank 2 profiles, some didn't transfer. Slot 2 was a copy of slot 1, instead of being a copy of its corresponding slot in Bank 1.

I thought I might have just made a copy/paste error, so I did it again. Now (in Bank 2), when I copy a dirty profile onto slot 2, it saves that dirty profile in slot 2 and in slot 1. If I browse through the slot 1 amp stack and change the slot 1 amp to clean and save it, then both slot 1 and slot 2 now have the brand new clean profile.

Any ideas why this might be happening, and how to fix it?

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

Edited once, last by Desiato ().

• Sorry, no ideas, but something similar happened to me a couple of times....

I pasted a full set of 4 fx into 4 different sots....the first 2 slots and the last one worked ok, but no matter what I did, the 3rd one didn't change. ( I could still see the original fx)

So I saved it anyway and when I went back to look, it seems that it had worked and all of them were ok.

Perhaps save the performance and go back to take a look....maybe it has worked but not updated the display.

To be honest, I find the whole performance editing process cumbersome and prone to mistakes.....looking forward to an editor/librarian.

• Thanks, Gizmo. I'll go back and try again and see if anything different happens.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• Ok, I found the culprit - It's the FCB1010! Mine has the Uno4Kemper chip, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. But when the FCB is plugged in, saving rigs in one slot also saves them in other slots (and other banks, too) that I don't want them saved in.

If have no FCB plugged in (i.e. Kemper standing alone), then the rigs get saved perfectly, just in the slot and bank I want them in.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

• Hey, thanks for reporting this. I may have seen some unexpected behaviour myself when storing rigs, slots, performances, MIDI assignments or other things, but I just chalked that up to my inexperience with the Kemper interface. I have an FCB1010 with the Uno4kemper chip too, so I'll keep an eye out and see if it makes any difference if it's plugged in or not.

• Unfortunately, I encountered another unexpected event today -- without the FCB1010 plugged in.

I had just tweaked and saved a rig in browse mode. Then I went to performance mode, to performance 2-slot 4, where I wanted the tweaked rig to go. Browsed to the rig, stored the performance... And found out that the completely unrelated rig in slot 1 of the same performance had been overwritten with the tweaked rig as well.