Hi from sunny-ish Devon!

• Hi everyone.
    Very, very close to pulling the triger and buying a KPA and using it as a live gigging tool. I play in a band and regularly solo so hoping this is the top solution for me. I've seen so far how great it is for studio use but is it the best solution for live performance?? Been using a 60w Fender Supersonic and a TC Electronic G system for while and have become dissatisfied.
    Thanks for any tips, looking forward to learning from you guys!
    Phil :thumbup:

• Hi from sunny ish Dorset. I've used it in my studio for nearly 2 years, but as I'm starting to play live did a bunch of research and having upgraded to the powered kemper just needed a good cab, looked at various guitar cabs, but wanted something that played the full sound and found matrix who are based in Monmouth. Had a few chats with andy the owner, a passionate guy and fascinating to talk to, and went up to their base with guitar and kemper and they let me play through a bunch of cabs, some they've got in development. Eventually opted for their nl12, a super lightweight cab, it's literally the same weight as the kemper, or as Bruno says, one finger, to carry. But most importantly it has a huge sound,isn't frfr but is a wider range than a normal cab, and is the perfect partner, simply pop the kemper on top and you have a great rig, but if you have time give em a call when you have the kemper and go visit, it's fascinating. If you go for the unpowered kemper then they also do some great powered cabs, or ultra small power amps which will also do the job. Welcome to the brave new world, it's great out here

• Hi Phil,

I have the Kemper Rack and Atomic CLR Cab - very happy with the setup although I haven't played "in anger" in a live setting yet with this system (just too busy at present).

I also live in Devon. Happy to show you the gear if you wanted.

Cheers,

Mark

• is it the best solution for live performance??

Well, many pros use it. Many others use an Axe-Fx. Many others a real amp, mic'ed. Hard to say what is "the best" solution. It depends on a lot of factors, and ultimately on your personal liking. Each of the previous pros will tell you pros (lol) and cons about any of the choices.
    You might be listening to anyone having something to say on the subject, but even tho you agreed with most of what a specific musician thinks, the only way to really know it is to experiment.
    Anyway, in the document linked in my sig there're some tricks for using the Profiler live. HTH

:)

• Thank you everyone. It's great to be part of this friendly forum. I've found a few people who disagree that a profiler can possibly be as good as real valves and turn their noses up and others who are convinced this fantastic. After extensive research, although not hearing one in the flesh, I'm convinced this is the way to go for me. Now to save.....

• Hi Mark
    Where in Devon are you? It's strange that i'd decided to go for the Atomic then I logged in and saw your message. Do you have the active cab? I'd love to hear it in the flesh if that was possible. Thanks very much :)

• Hi Phil,

I live near Totnes.

I have the active CLR cab - very happy with it; but only played at "house" volumes at the moment. I'd be happy for you to come over and take a look or maybe I could bring it to a "live" space to demo it "louder". Where are you based?

Cheers,

Mark

• I live in Exeter, fairly close! Would love to meet up sometime and have a try out. I contacted Atomic today and they've told me there's a few left on this run and could have in a couple of weeks. Arrgghhh!! Decision time! Very handily I work at a music academy in Exeter that we could play fairly loudly, I can also have access to a room or I'd be equally happy to come to you, whatever's easier!
    Thanks again

• Hi Phil,

I'd be more than happy to come up to Exeter so you could have a demo of the gear. It would be useful for me to hear it at a greater volume.

What days suit you the best? Let me know.

Cheers,

Mark