[Resolved] FCB with Uno4Kemper not displaying and functioning properly

• I finally got around to trying this footboard. I have hooked it up as described and:

- I get no confirmation from Kemper that it has been connected.
    -only two digits and a constant blinking decimal in this format: first digit blank: blinking decimal: Zero: Zero
    -the two zeros will range from 00-09 using the up-down arrows
    -the 1-5 will randomly change rigs depending on 00-09 position with no noticed order or pattern
    -no connection led for either connection 1 or connection 2

So I'm basically asking what this looks like and if it has been noticed by anyone else.

I'm hoping that it is something easy like a cable or the chip placement. (Yes cables are the right way - no I cannot remember which way I put the chip in)

First time using the FCB, so I may have to put the old chip in and see if it may be the FCB if it still acts the same.

Edited once, last by K3MP3R ().

• You are using 2 cables, right?
    I recommend to first program 2 or 3 performances (fill the slots) in the profiler and do the basic configuration (i.e. what FX slots you want to be controlled by the FCB) in the FCB according to the manual/cheat sheet from Uno4kemper.com

This will make it easier to talk about correct/expected or inkorrekt/unexpected behaviour.

• Thanks Ingolf.

I have 2- 5 pin midi cables connected.

I programmed some more in performance mode. The 1-5 switches do enable the correct 1-5 rigs, though for performances: 00=perf1, 01=perf3, 02=perf5 etc. So something is still off with the up-down arrows functioning.

I cannot program any of the 6-10 buttons as they will not blink no matter how long they are held down for.

I guess I'm gonna put the original chip in and see if the blinking light on the display goes out and see if anything else changes. It could be either a bad chip or ROM flash or the FCB itself.

• OK, an update.

I found a guide for the original uno and once 1 pressed button six then down, it went into program mode.

This is good news that my cables and FCB are good, but it means that my U4K chip was not flashed with U4K firmware as it behaves the way the other uno's are supposed to.

I checked my box and the original uno chip is in there meaning the U4K did make it inside the FCB. So I will email them and see if I can get a new replacement or at least a discount.

• I put in the new chip and everything is working as it should be now. So I guess my prediction was correct that my first chip somehow got missed being programed with the U4K firmware.