Include Space setting in output presets + overwrite output presets

• I have a couple of output presets for different listening situations (headphones, powered speakers...). They allow me to easily switch between the appropriate EQ and master volume values.

However, I just noticed that the Space parameter is not saved in these presets -- it just stays the way I set it manually when I switch between them. That's a pity, as it would be great if it was automatically set to zero in my powered speakers preset and turned up again for headphones, along with the other settings.

Or is there a reason for the way it is now that I'm missing?

(Also on the subject of output presets: if you re-save a tweaked preset under the same name, the previous version is not overwritten, so you end up with two identically named presets. I think I would prefer to get an "Overwrite Y/N" dialog so I can replace the previous one -- if I wanted to save it separately I would just choose a different name.)

• if you re-save a tweaked preset under the same name, the previous version is not overwritten, so you end up with two identically named presets. I think I would prefer to get an "Overwrite Y/N" dialog so I can replace the previous one -- if I wanted to save it separately I would just choose a different name.

+ 1 :)

• That's a pity, as it would be great if it was automatically set to zero in my powered speakers preset and turned up again for headphones, along with the other settings.

Wait, I forgot -- wasn't the space parameter going to be headphones only? I haven't checked yet since the latest update. Still, it might be good if it was included in presets with the rest of the output settings.

• This was brought up a while back and CK did propose having it headphone only and having it as an effect in the X slot. Quite a few people said they would be happy with this, maybe it will cahnge in the next firmware ?(

Yeah, I remember that now, and it will neatly solve my 'problem'* going back and forth between speakers and headphones. Still, I can imagine some people wanting several different output presets for headphones alone, with different Space and EQ settings. And since Space is in the output section, I found it weird that it wasn't saved to presets along with the other parameters.

* First world problem of course -- turning a knob now and then... :rolleyes: