Sound only coming from one studio monitor - help

• Hi, I'm not doing anything fancy, and this problem just started happening today. Here is my signal chain:
    guitar > Kemper > main out with XLR to Alesis iO2 (usb) interface XLR in > iMac > out to KRK Rokit speakers.

Today, I noticed sound was only coming from one speaker. I checked all cables, even tried playing a song from iTunes and it worked fine through both (so it's not the imac or Alesis). But playing through the Kemper sound only goes to the left speaker. I switched the mains outs to the other output to see if it would make the sound come out of the other speaker but it did not do that, it still only comes out of the left speaker. I don't see any options that would make sound go to only one speaker. If there are, I haven't touched any of those. This happens on profiles I've been using where this issue did not occur.

Does anyone have any ideas?

• In the Output stage (pushing the Output button), on "Page 1" of the display there is an option to change Main Output...but it's on "Master Mono", which should go mono. I switched the output cables going from the Alesis to the speakers (switched right and left), and sound is only coming out of the left output of the interface. One would assume it's a problem with the interface, but when I play an iTunes song, sound comes out to both speakers no problem.

• i think it's in the output control of the interface. Unfortunately, on Macs you cannot control it. I'm still checking, but it doesn't look like anything the Kemper is doing

• If you only connected one cable from Kemper to your audio interface, you have to make sure, the interface knows, that it receives a mono signal on this input. Otherwise it's assuming a stereo signal and thus sends Input 1 to the left speaker only.

• in case anyone has this happen, in my case I think it's something wrong with my mac mini. I had completed a software update for it yesterday, then when I had time to play guitar some later, I encountered this problem. I went and bought a new interface thinking it was that, but I have the same problem with the new interface. Bringing it in to an Apple store tomorrow...