Posts by TomKat

Nevermind! I just re-downloaded it (the Rig Manager update from Kemper), for the 5th time, and this time the download went much faster, and it opened and installed successfully!

Must have been a corrupted file originally. Thanks to all who look at these postings and tried to help. I did learn some things.

nope, trying to open/install on another Mac did not work - got the same error. I did download a third-party app called UNPKG that successfully unpacked the contents, from which I could open Rig Manager. But, it wasn't really 'installed', as the RM window was all screwy and wouldn't show any rigs.

Any other ideas?

It won't open it at all. I just tried changing the security settings according to HappyPicker's instructions - they were already set like you suggest, but I loosened them even further for "Any apps", and it still gave me the same error when I tried it. I wonder if the download file is corrupt. It did take a long time to download, despite only being 12MB.

I have a Mac Mini, only a year and a half old, running OSX 10.9.5. I just downloaded the new Rig Manager (1.2.2), and when I click on the downloaded .pkg file I get an error:

The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)
    couldn't open "Rig Manager OSX 1.2.2.pkg"

I tried downloading again, and I get the same error every time. I removed the old RM from my Applications folder, as well. Is anyone else having this issue?

I agree with one of the early posters - what are you playing it through? I tried using a guitar cab, and it sounded kinda like you described, harsh, shrill, painful to listen to. If you play through studio monitors (they don't have to be expensive ones), with CabSim "on", you should easily find some great-sounding profiles. I have some profiles that sound SO good, and I'm playing through 5" monitors (Rokit 5s)

I use my Kemper only at home, and only low volumes. I have KRK Rokit 5 studio monitors, and it sounds great. I never turn it up loud, though, and when I have it wears on my ears a bit. If you want it to sound good a bit louder, then 8" studio monitors would be best, as the guys above say. I have listened to Mackie BXR8's (I think), and they sounded great, really full ballsy sound. Any of these brands mentioned above will be good for home use, just make sure they are studio monitors (not speakers for general music listening), and buy the size needed for how loud you want to play through them. My 5" monitors sound great with the Kemper - better than any other thing i've ever used with them (various plugins, preamps, multi effects units like the Boss ME-70, etc.). Just super clear and no hiss or weird digital trail-offs of notes, or other annoying stuff like that.

I have the Rokit 5s, not the G3 ones though. I run my Kemper into an Alesis ion Express interface (which connects to my Mac), and the Alesis has speaker outs to the Rokits. It sounds great with the Kemper, no harshness or missing like you're describing. Are plugging directly into them? With 1/4 outs? Or XLR cables? And you're using the output from the "Main Output" section of the back of the Kemper? (That's what I'm doing)

I also have a Yamaha DXR10, which for home use is overkill, but the Kemper sounds great through that. I like the setup with the Rokits because the Alesis has a 'Monitor Mix' knob that lets me mix the direct and USB output (from the Mac), so I can play along with songs online or iTunes and adjust with what's coming out of the Kemper. All at low volume, sounds great.

I just got the FCB1010 and Un04Kemper chip, and I had the same problem as DXTOPHER - i couldn't get the wah to work, nor the tuner. I followed the instructions from the link that TROYNOVA provided above, and now both the wah and tuner work (tuner by pushing the volume pedal all the way heel down). So thanks for this!

The only confusing thing was the calibration instructions - they kept saying "...once adjusted..." but didn't say anything about 'adjusting'. Turns out (and maybe I'm the real idiot here), you don't have to 'adjust' anything - the board/software in the FCB just needs to know that each pedal is all the way up/down before you hit the UP switch, and it knows to consider it bottomed out or topped out.

I must have calibrated mine 10 times before I figured it out! I am a true noob (newbie) at midi controllers, and it shows. But I made a lot of progress tonight!

Welcome Dave! I watched the Youtube video - wow, that's a great profile you created! I am sure everyone will be begging for you to put it out there for people to use, so get ready for the deluge of requests!

I listened to Gerald's clips, and chose B - I hope that was a Chimera profile, and not the others. I didn't like the guitar tone of A, C, and D, so if any of those are Chimera profiles, I won't be buying this pack. The clips on Till's site sound really good. Geraldo - let us know which one was a Chimera profile

A and C sound like it was recorded with a mic'd cabinet, but with a heavy wool sock over the mic. Dark and muffled. D was my second overall choice, but at 2:41, where there is some soloist/lead playing going on, B clearly wins out. I listened to that part twice with both. B was just clear and crisper, notes coming through much better.

I want to also add: about the hiss some people mention. I definitely don't hear any hiss on mine. If I get my head right up next to it I hear a slight sound like any powered studio monitor, but definitely no hiss. Incidentally, when I was in Guitar Center walking around checking out their PA speakers (all the ones people talk about on here), I heard a noticeable hiss and I looked to see which speaker it was coming from. It was very obviously coming from an Electro-Voice speaker. The EV112LX or something, I can't remember, but it's one of the ones I've seen people write about on here, and many have mentioned the hiss, and you could hear it plain as day in a guitar store with all kinds of other noise going on. I def would not like to have that sitting in my music room making all that noise. I think it's the amplifier type - the EV is not a class D, and the Yamaha DXR line is class D. So is some of the other ones like the QSC and JBL PRX612. I don't know for sure if that's the reason (amp type), but possibly.

So I got a Yamaha DXR10 yesterday, after reading tons of posts on here and elsewhere (axe fx users). Plugging right in, no messing around with EQ or anything, it sounds fantastic. I used one of the main outs (XLR) to the XLR input of the DXR10, had it set to "Line" like Pick909 mentions above, and had the D-Contour switch set to 'Off' like saw someone else mention on here. I could hear some elements of the sound of some profiles that I had not heard using just my studio monitors (KRK Rokit 5s). Maybe that was because it was turned up much louder. So, I'm very happy with this (I only bought one). BTW, I got a great deal on it - bought it used from Guitar Center for $399. So search on there and try to find one, as they'll take the order over the phone and ship it to you, and you can still return it locally if you want. Obviously this applies to those of us in the U.S. only.

Also, some people on here have tried the Fender Mustang III as a monitor (by plugging the KPA into the effects return - I bought a Mustang III (V1 - you have to use the Version 1 of this), also used from Guitar Center, and tried it a couple weeks ago. I did all the tweaks that people say to do, and had the cabinets turned off in the output and all…and I was underwhelmed. It had a screamy tone to it, kinda made my ears hurt. And I figured I didn't want to have to be tweaking the hell out of every profile to make it sound decent, so I went the faux-FRFR route and got the Yamaha DXR10 after reading so much about it and seeing it in the store.

in case anyone has this happen, in my case I think it's something wrong with my mac mini. I had completed a software update for it yesterday, then when I had time to play guitar some later, I encountered this problem. I went and bought a new interface thinking it was that, but I have the same problem with the new interface. Bringing it in to an Apple store tomorrow...

In the Output stage (pushing the Output button), on "Page 1" of the display there is an option to change Main Output...but it's on "Master Mono", which should go mono. I switched the output cables going from the Alesis to the speakers (switched right and left), and sound is only coming out of the left output of the interface. One would assume it's a problem with the interface, but when I play an iTunes song, sound comes out to both speakers no problem.

Hi, I'm not doing anything fancy, and this problem just started happening today. Here is my signal chain:
    guitar > Kemper > main out with XLR to Alesis iO2 (usb) interface XLR in > iMac > out to KRK Rokit speakers.

Today, I noticed sound was only coming from one speaker. I checked all cables, even tried playing a song from iTunes and it worked fine through both (so it's not the imac or Alesis). But playing through the Kemper sound only goes to the left speaker. I switched the mains outs to the other output to see if it would make the sound come out of the other speaker but it did not do that, it still only comes out of the left speaker. I don't see any options that would make sound go to only one speaker. If there are, I haven't touched any of those. This happens on profiles I've been using where this issue did not occur.

Does anyone have any ideas?