Kemper dead LED - whats next?

• That's what I have 2 leds on the volume. And that's my fear....I send it back...am without it for 4-6 weeks after shipping only for it to happen again? I just hate to be without for such an extended period...

Yup, mine lost some LEDs and I'm in the same boat exactly. Don't want to send it off for repairs, but also do not want the issue to return.

I've replaced LEDs on other items, including putting high intensity blue ones in my Ground Control Pro so I could see it better onstage... I'm super tempted to open mine up and just replace the bad LEDs. And no, I haven't tried to open it up yet.

• My understanding was that they do not replace individual LEDs. They replaced the front panel circuit board that probably contained both the LEDs and the driver ICs. That's why I was surprised that my LEDs are failing again after an initial repair .

What I mean is: they may have initially replaced something (your board), and later on discovered that something else was faulty (another component).
    Just a thought, of course :)

• I think it would be nice if somebody of tec support chimes in for some clearing. At least all these devices running out of warranty next year and if dead leds re-ocurring we will be charged for repair.

I also thought they would change the complete board - but don't think so now! Whatever it is (and I'm still with the leds....) tec-support should give us the hint as we can manage the out of warranty repairs. Mine is bought early Feb 2012 - the vintage whitehead :S

So many users in tons of posts affected by this issue - get in chaps.....

cheers

N

• In Kemper's defense I have to say they already said multiple times, that the problem got fixed and that it should not happen again after repair.
    But sadly I'm still unsure because of the recent reports of broken LEDs AFTER repair. Maybe Kemper could check these cases somehow and give some feedback on these specific cases after they checked?

As most other users with LED issues, I would be really turned down if I have to stay 1 month without my lunchbox just to see it happen again after repair.

• i had 2 led s go out on my volume knob a few weeks ago also sad to see the kempers reputation will be screwed up by this so many leds going out on units and its a great product but i am kinnda dissapointed like the rest of you guys i dont wanna keep sending it back everytime an led goes out maybe kemper could find local repair shops in the states that would do the work i would gladly pay 100 or so for them tov just replace all the leds at once and never have to deal with it again its strange other digital effects ivehad for many yearw and the leds never burn out

• its strange other digital effects ivehad for many yearw and the leds never burn out

The reason for this is a defective part before the LEDs. It's not the LED themselves burning out.

I would not say it's "strange", defective parts are defective parts, and a batch of that component purchased in 2012 was defective. It happens in the cars world as well.

:)

• Another difference bieng that for car repairs there are allways local dealers , so its not a matter of shipping the unit overseas , when a local repair shop could do it , if kemper could authorize local shops to repair the led issue since it is a known issue .

• Kemper has stated before that the root cause of such LED issues has been analysed. The issues are affecting a subset of units produced during a limited period last year. Some of these units might have been sold at a later time depending on dealer inventory management practices.

In a few events it had appeared appropriate to exchange single defective LEDs. However it has turned out, that in such cases the issue might reoccur and other LEDs might break. Therefor we have adapted our repair process and are exchanging complete front panels in all related repair events since this summer. We are convinced this will reduce any future LED defects to usually extremely rare cases.

We regret the inconvenience for those customers impacted. You can obviously initiate the repair at your convenience as no other Profiler functionality is affected by broken LEDs. Our service centers are prepared to handle related repair orders with shortest turn-around time possible. In case you are experiencing a LED issue please approach your dealer and ask them to handle the case with priority for the logistical part, which is under their control.

Sorry again for the hassle!

• sad to say but i have to agree about this ,
    again I think the kemper is a great product but am upset about the handling of this led issue , my unit is only just a year old and led are going out every other day .On a product that cost this much , it is kind of scary

• Thanks Burkhard.

still not sure who is my local dealer that you refer to , is it the company that sold the kemper to me? because they do not perform repairs but are simply a sales shop

Yes, our authorized dealers normally handle the logistical process, which in some locations can include customs. This might be different in the US. Typically our US business representative gets involved. Simply open a support ticket on our web page and he'll get in touch with you.