Trouble importing profile from The Amp Factory

• Hi there and welcome. The manual says:

You will need to use an empty USB stick in order to transfer the files from your Mac or PC to the Kemper
    Profiler for the first time. When you connect a USB stick for the first time, the Kemper Profiler will format it
    to ensure maximum reliability.

In order to transfer these files from your Mac or PC to your Kemper Profiler, please copy them to the direc-
    tory called “Shared” on your dedicated USB stick. Next, plug the USB stick into the USB slot on the rear
    panel of your Kemper Profiler and switch to Browse mode. Wait for a couple of seconds and then press the
    soft button “External Storage.” You will then be presented with an option to import the new content. Im-
    porting the content will merge the new data with your existing profiles, rigs and performances.
    ✔✔Unlike other platforms, you don’t need to unmount the USB stick, you can simply remove it once the task
    is completed.
    ✔✔In certain cases you may want to merge a backup with the existing content. To do so, copy the backup in
    question from the “Backups” to the “Shared” folder using your Mac or PC and perform an import as de-
    scribed above.

Unzip the archive you received from TAF.

Enjoy the new profiles.

Open a support ticket here: SUPPORT

Edited once, last by HELL-G ().

• The files may be corrupt. In any case, download them again. Unzip it with unrar or similiar software.
    Take the xyz.kipr files out of their file folder and put them into the "shared" folder. i do not import more
    than 20 rigs at a time, i am carefull there. the rest see above. hope it will work.

and welcome :)

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• I once imported a bunch of 100 and had trouble importing them due to a bad one.
    It was quite a pain identifying the bad one.
    But as a rule of thumbs you can Import any number of profiles.
    There's only the need to break them down in case it's not possible to import.
    Fortunately bad profiles are very rare.

• In general corrupted kipr-files due to a zip- or archive-problem can often be identified by the file-size reported by the operating-system. Til now I didn't get any rig-file with regular size that was corrupted. Might be also luck ...

• i actually had 2 corrupted files in 20 months. i did not check the file's size before import. :whistling:
    but it was a pain in the afternoon to identify the rigs. this is the reason for my 20 rigs import limit. :thumbup:

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• For some reason the RAR files won't import but the KIPR files work fine.

Hi Freak,

i should have written 'unzip prior to copying to the shared folder on you USB stick'. The compressed files won't be imported. So have you been able to import the new profiles?

Cheers
    Helge

• I unzipped them and put them on a flash drive and still no luck. I've tried several times to download them. They show up in the flash drive file on my computer but the Kemper reads as if the flash drive is blank. I'm getting the downloads straight off the TAF purchase history. I never got them emailed to me.

• I unzipped them and put them on a flash drive and still no luck. I've tried several times to download them. They show up in the flash drive file on my computer but the Kemper reads as if the flash drive is blank. I'm getting the downloads straight off the TAF purchase history. I never got them emailed to me.

Yes, read post 2 again. The USB drive must be formatted by the Profiler first. Then put the kipr files into the shared folder. Import. Enjoy.

• Try another USB drive. Maybe the profiler has trouble with the one you're using. Please confirm that you have the drive formatted by the Profiler and that there are the folders 'backups', 'OS update' and 'shared' on the USB drive.