Metal song with vocals

• It seems like you need more drums and less guitar. I know it is kind of vague, but I'm not that great at mixing myself. I would look at lowering guitar volume and maybe cutting some lows then when you raise the drum levels you could eq the kick to use that space.

• ok thank you for the advice :)

i did what you said and it definitely sounds better now. reuploaded it on my soundcloud.

also check out my david hasselhoff acoustic cover

• overall I like it a bunch. here's my opinions:

Cymbals: too tinny and "small". My advice is to darken them a bit, then bring back up the volume. It'll sound bigger. I'd make a wide cut around 12 kHZ, but that's just a first guess. Also, maybe a bit more reverb on them.

Vocals: Perfect, don't touch 'em.

Guitars: They work. You may not want to mess with them. But I would personally add more around 1.8 kHZ. It'll make them a bit bigger and cut through a bit more, but shouldn't really get in the way of the vocals.

Snare: TURN ME UP!!!! This is my main complaint - you can hear it, but it never says "ACCENT!". This will really help drive the rhythm. If you have to turn EVERYTHING else down to get more snare in there, do it. If the snare hits' transients are causing your track to clip, use a limiter.

Bass: Sounds good but very dark. Not necessarily a bad thing. Just remember that if you want such dark bass and thick, punchy kick drum, things will sound much clearer if you notch out a small frequency range for the kick to fill in. Try anywhere from 90 - 150 HZ.

Kick: I feel it could be a bit louder, but it might get too boomy and get that garage band recording sound. The trick is to use a bandpass to focus the tone on a specific frequency - the exact same frequency you notch for your bass.

Hope I helped and have fun but don't go crazy!!!!

• Thanks meambobbo
    you were right, those tips improved my mix a lot :)

@ MaxBayliss: Mr Hector profile by Ola Englund, but I changed the "green scream" settings a lot and added one of Till Schleichers Marshall 1960 cabs to it