Relation between CAB and PROFILE

• We all know that after profiling an amp we have a "profile" and an associated "cab". Btw we are able to try other cabs.

ok, here is the real question :

What happend when you delete a profile :

1°) the associated CAB is deleted too ? = in this case, what happend if you have use this cab with another profile ?

2°) the associated CAB is NOT deleted ? = in this case, this could become a "mess" !

I mean : let say that you delete 500 profiles to "make room" then reload, later, 500 news profiles ... you STILL have the 500 old cabs ??? ( and have to go thru 1000 cabs when
    you want to try another cab for a profile ? )

May someone clear it ? seems not really obvious for me ! ( I think that we DON'T delete the cabs ... but wish to be sure and understand the consequence ... )

Thanks !

Hb :thumbup:

• A RIG comprises of

• Input section (might be ignored during loading, if INPUT section is locked)
    • Stomps A-D
    • Stack
    • Stomp X and MOD
    • Delay
    • Reverb

The STACK comprises of

• Amplifier
    • EQ
    • Cabinet

The PROFILE is basically the Amplifier and Cabinet section of a Rig. Actually, you won't find the term "Profile" in the KPA. The nearest thing is the Stack. A "Rig" is a whole set of effects plus stack.

Regarding your questions:
    When you delete a RIG the CAB (as part of STACK) is deleted. If you are using that CAB in a different RIG, it is always a copy, not a reference.
    Nevertheless you can store a Stack or even just a Cab in the so called "local presets". These are presets only containing the CAB section of a RIG. With these you can load different Cabs into an existing Rig, in this case the content is copied over to the Rig, replacing the old Cab definition in the Rig.

However, If you store that rig and delete it later, the local Cab preset of course still exists.

HTH
    Timo

• A real thank timo and tylerhb ! You make it really much clear to me !

Yes, my bad = I used "profile" instead of RIG ... and it was part of the answer in fact !

This way that looks logical and finally, easy to manage !

Thanks again for these quick answers :thumbup:

Hb :thumbup: